Exfoliating materials

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

posypatch

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm making a rose/pink clay CP bar and am looking for a good exfoliant to add. I had bought pink Himalayan salt but I'm gathering that's a big no no. What else could I use??

So much choice. I'm swaying towards oatmeal or maybe cranberry / raspberry seeds. Want it to go well with the rose. 🤔

Whatever you do, don't try kiwi seeds. It's very rare that I ever need to toss a batch of soap....I'm usually always able to save a wonky batch in one way or another, but my kiwi seed soap was not one of the ones that could be saved. As painful as it was to toss, it was much more painful to use. 😬

IrishLass :)

You can also try dried orange or lemon peel. That's probably my favorite (for hand washing).
Poppy seed also felt good, but I'm not a fan of the black mess it can leave on the sink.
I have only tried colloidal oats, which I do like but not much exfoliation, and extra fine pumice, with also not much exfoliation going on. So it also depends on what kind of exfoliation you want; a gardener soap would be different than an exfoliating body bar.

Back