Excellent lotion recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily Klesick

Reaction score
Hi, this recipe is awesome! The lotion works better than any other lotions I have tried and it leaves your skin feeling moist. AND IT'S NATURAL! So you can feel good about using it!

Natural Lotion

2 Tbl. pure Beeswax
1/4 cup sweet almond oil
1 Tbl. natural liquid soap
3 Tbl water

Melt everything together but water, add the water little by little after the other ingredients are melted, mix well and pour into your contianer.
:)

Alright, that post was kind of old... :) I have made some good changes to the recipe you might want to know about! :)

Add instead, of water, vitamin E oil, also 2 tbs. fresh aloe vera oil. I like to add a little bit of Tea Tree oil. Those changes make it really good for the skin as well as make it a creamier substance.

I usually put vanilla or Lavender E.O in it. Anything works though! :)

Thanks for posting the recipe. I think i'm going to make this tonight. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Emily Klesick said:
Hi, this recipe is awesome! The lotion works better than any other lotions I have tried and it leaves your skin feeling moist. AND IT'S NATURAL! So you can feel good about using it!

Natural Lotion

2 Tbl. pure Beeswax
1/4 cup sweet almond oil
1 Tbl. natural liquid soap
3 Tbl water

Melt everything together but water, add the water little by little after the other ingredients are melted, mix well and pour into your contianer.
:)
I was wondering why there is the need for the liquid soap. Does it act as an emulsifier because of the beeswax/water? I know most beeswax/water recipes use borax as an emulsifier.

I was wondering why the liquid soap too.
I'm not sure I would want to leave liquid soap on my face instead of rinsing off.

Irena

Back