Ever used corn syrup as sugar substitute in CP?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have, and it worked fine. I usually use simple syrup (equal parts sugar & water boiled together) but tried Karo syrup out of curiosity. I didn't notice any difference in my soap.

So what is the benefit of putting sugar in your and how much do you usually use? I make 3 lb batches. I've heard alot of people talk about using sugar. I tried powdered sugar one time but it made hard clumps in my lye water.

Sugar helps with lather..usual usage is between 1TSP - 1TBSP PPO..I use a bit less however when i use it because I have loads of lather already lol

So what is the benefit of putting sugar in your and how much do you usually use? I make 3 lb batches. I've heard alot of people talk about using sugar. I tried powdered sugar one time but it made hard clumps in my lye water.

The trick is to mix it in very well before you add the lye, or it wont dissolve. It increases the bubbles in the soap.

Powdered would be so hard to mix. Try granulated next time. It's cheaper are more readily available than Castor Oil. I also make the 3lb or 51oz loaves actually. If I nail a recipe I make it 6lb.

The trick is to mix it in very well before you add the lye, or it wont dissolve. It increases the bubbles in the soap.

Seawolfe, you used HFCS before?

When I used granulated sugar, I had trouble with the sugar dissolving completely. That's why I use simple syrup. I keep a quart jar of it in the fridge and add to my oils at about 1 TB PPO, just like you would with sugar.

Edited to add: I have never had any trouble with overheating, and I gel all my soaps on a heating pad.

Latest posts

Back