Evaporated Goats Milk. Have you used it full strength?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullets

Reaction score
I plan on making a new batch of goats milk soap in the next couple of days. Any time I've done a goats milk soap I use fresh and pour it in ice trays to freeze. When I was cruising the store I looked at evaporated goats milk in a can and it got me thinking. How would soap turn out if you used evaporated and didn't dilute it? Have any of you done it?

I use it for full strength milk in my soaps. I mix my lye with 1/2 water and then use the evaporated milk for the remainder. Works great. Or you can use powdered too. I don't freeze mine. I just add it to my oils before adding my cooled lye mixture.

I use it for full strength milk in my soaps. I mix my lye with 1/2 water and then use the evaporated milk for the remainder. Works great. Or you can use powdered too. I don't freeze mine. I just add it to my oils before adding my cooled lye mixture.

Yeah, I imagine that's how I'd use it too if I did the evaporated kind. I'm wondering though, what the effects of using evaporated goats milk without adding any water would be. Just straight evaporated goats milk.

It should be fine. However, the expense to use it as like double would be pricey. Plus added sugars may cause overheating so I would either plop it in the freezer or watch it closely.

Back