Euxyl K910 - Paraben and Formaldehyde Free Preservative

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With his formula I may stick with the liquid germall plus since I know now that it is working.
When you're formulating for someone with a skin condition like that, I recommend you not stop using something if it's working. I would still check with his dermatologist though and see if he should not be using the same products all the time. Sometimes with eczema, the skin becomes sensitive to products that have been used over and over, and it's best to rotate between several things that you know are working for him. In that case, have several (however many the doctor recommends) products developed for him (have the doctor look at the ingredients) and then rotate them.

I wonder if the disease is not nearly as rare as they believe and just misdiagnosed as something else.
That would not surprise me at all. Lots of conditions that are now considered common, used to be diagnosed as other things.

When you're formulating for someone with a skin condition like that, I recommend you not stop using something if it's working.

Agreed, which is why we did small little test patches. They continued using what they were already using with the exception of one small test area. In the baby's case, the cream is working so she is now using it for his dry patches. With my daughter, she is still using the steroid cream. The cream I made helps with itching and very minor healing. The steroid cream is better for her issue.

It really irritates me that public perception can be swayed so easily by people who write popular news articles about things they don't understand, after reading a report of a study that was poorly done. The whole uproar over parabens started because someone conducted a study where parabens were found in samples of cancerous human tissue. What wasn't reported to the public was everything that was done wrong in that study. They also found parabens in blank samples that didn't contain any human tissue at all, and they never even looked at healthy tissue to compare paraben levels.

Of course, no one is writing news articles about all the studies that have been done (properly) that show parabens are safe. We literally have 100 years of data on it.

I love your comment!!

Latest posts

Back