European Soapers Please Read

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saponista

Reaction score
I am thinking of doing a European soap swap, but it's only worth considering if we have enough people willing to participate. Before I jump in and ask the mods if I am allowed to organise it an put everything into motion, I would like to gauge interest. We need at least ten people to make it worth while. If you are located in Europe and would be interested in a swap then please can you post below and let me know.

Oooo, I am intrigued!
It is about sending others your soap and get feedback on it? I am up for that! Scared that people would HATE my soaps, but up for the challenge anyway :mrgreen:

Yes mysoapyheart. The general idea is that you make a batch of soap with enough bars for each of the participants. Then you send them all to me. You pay me your return postage and I box you up a bar of each variety and return it to you. I did one last year which was really successful. I really enjoyed trying all the different soaps out.

Hiijack alert: If only I could get my soap to the Garching office.... Waving from the states

I would love to but shipping from and to Serbia is extremely pricey. I can't really afford that.
But I would love to hear and see what you guys come up with!

You need to be a member for three months and have at least 50 posts under your belt happybee. By the time I organise it you will likely have been here long enough so get posting and interacting in the forum and you'll reach 50 posts fairly quickly.

I am thinking of doing a European soap swap, but it's only worth considering if we have enough people willing to participate. Before I jump in and ask the mods if I am allowed to organise it an put everything into motion, I would like to gauge interest. We need at least ten people to make it worth while. If you are located in Europe and would be interested in a swap then please can you post below and let me know.

I think I have to back out of this I am afraid, just learned that the shippingcost has gone up, domestically and international shipping, so it will be way-way to expensive for me to do this now (we are talking around 45£ in shipping fees alone for send/receive shippinging fees. So I can not do this at the moment, I am sorry.

It's a nice idea to have a swap between us in this forum but also for me it will be a little pricey in order to join as this forum is international.

For the record a package that weights up to 1 kg costs 25E to be send to all European countries and 27E for all other countries. So for me a national swap is more affordable as it costs me here 1,5E up to 3 kg).

You only send one package to one person and you pay for another to be sent to you from that country.

This thread is just a water-tester post - the actual swap thread will be in the swap section once the process has started, where we can register our interest and so on.

A 1.25kg package to Europe is £9.61 which is about 12 euros, so if the return postage was similar then it would be around 24 euros total for the postage and packaging for a european member to participate in the swap. You only end up sending out one parcel and receiving one. I deal with all the other logistics.

Latest posts

Back