European Soapers Please Read

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even for me it's not the cheapest thing in the world - I could certainly make the bars myself for less. But that's not what a swap is about. Paying that much (plus the cost of your own bars for the swap) to get to play with soap from other people on here is well worth the money.

A trip to the cinema for two with some refreshments doesn't come far off of that, so in the grand scheme of things, it's not wildly extravagant.

While I can appreciate that things are can be tight at the moment for many people, people can always make sure that money is available for things that are important to them.

Unless it is a massive hit to the yearly budget, I would encourage people to take part.

Keep in mind that the average salary in Serbia is 300€ a month. Probably close to this in the neighboring countries...

Keep in mind that the average salary in Serbia is 300€ a month. Probably close to this in the neighboring countries...

I would also imagine that cost of living is also in range for that to actually be possible - food alone for one person in Austria would be half of that, very easily!

But that is why I said that only if it is not a massive amount of the wage. Even for some people in Eastern Europe it would still be possible and for some in central or Western Europe it is not.

I would also imagine that cost of living is also in range for that to actually be possible - food alone for one person in Austria would be half of that, very easily!

It's not, actually. A pound of minced meat half and half is ~7€. My electricity bill last month was 40€. (For reference when I lived in Germany I paid 3,99€ for a pound of minced meat and 25€/month for electricity and my income was 10 times what it is now) We don't have discounters like Hofer, Lidl, kik here.

But anyway. I'm not complaining.
I'm just saying not everyone can afford to spend 15% of their income on a hobby.

I think we have gone a little off track here. My post of prices was simply to let people know how much it was likely to cost for the return postage to give people an idea of how much it would likely cost. I was not at any point expecting people who couldn't afford it to participate or saying that they should. This was simply a post asking whether anyone would be interested as it takes a surprising amount of time and effort on my part to set up and organise it all and it's simply not worthwhile doing so if there isn't enough interest.

Latest posts

Back