European Soapers Please Read

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Saponista

Reaction score
I am thinking of doing a European soap swap, but it's only worth considering if we have enough people willing to participate. Before I jump in and ask the mods if I am allowed to organise it an put everything into motion, I would like to gauge interest. We need at least ten people to make it worth while. If you are located in Europe and would be interested in a swap then please can you post below and let me know.

MySoapyHeart

Bee Happy
Reaction score
Oooo, I am intrigued!
It is about sending others your soap and get feedback on it? I am up for that! Scared that people would HATE my soaps, but up for the challenge anyway :mrgreen:

Saponista

Reaction score
Yes mysoapyheart. The general idea is that you make a batch of soap with enough bars for each of the participants. Then you send them all to me. You pay me your return postage and I box you up a bar of each variety and return it to you. I did one last year which was really successful. I really enjoyed trying all the different soaps out.

amd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hiijack alert: If only I could get my soap to the Garching office.... Waving from the states

Sonya-m

Reaction score
Do you know what the theme would be? I know we did natural colourants last time

Saponista

Reaction score
We were discussing on the old thread that we might do an alternative liquids one, perhaps with a spring theme.

pinksmartapple

Reaction score
I would love to but shipping from and to Serbia is extremely pricey. I can't really afford that.
But I would love to hear and see what you guys come up with!

Saponista

Reaction score
You need to be a member for three months and have at least 50 posts under your belt happybee. By the time I organise it you will likely have been here long enough so get posting and interacting in the forum and you'll reach 50 posts fairly quickly.

MySoapyHeart

Bee Happy
Reaction score
I am thinking of doing a European soap swap, but it's only worth considering if we have enough people willing to participate. Before I jump in and ask the mods if I am allowed to organise it an put everything into motion, I would like to gauge interest. We need at least ten people to make it worth while. If you are located in Europe and would be interested in a swap then please can you post below and let me know.
I think I have to back out of this I am afraid, just learned that the shippingcost has gone up, domestically and international shipping, so it will be way-way to expensive for me to do this now (we are talking around 45£ in shipping fees alone for send/receive shippinging fees. So I can not do this at the moment, I am sorry.

ngian

Reaction score
It's a nice idea to have a swap between us in this forum but also for me it will be a little pricey in order to join as this forum is international.

For the record a package that weights up to 1 kg costs 25E to be send to all European countries and 27E for all other countries. So for me a national swap is more affordable as it costs me here 1,5E up to 3 kg).

The Efficacious Gentleman

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
You only send one package to one person and you pay for another to be sent to you from that country.

This thread is just a water-tester post - the actual swap thread will be in the swap section once the process has started, where we can register our interest and so on.

Saponista

Reaction score
A 1.25kg package to Europe is £9.61 which is about 12 euros, so if the return postage was similar then it would be around 24 euros total for the postage and packaging for a european member to participate in the swap. You only end up sending out one parcel and receiving one. I deal with all the other logistics.

Latest posts