Eureka, maybe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 batches made at 33% lye concentration. They are working out well. so ok...you guys have me sold lol

I poured today at 92 degrees. 33% lye concentration. Had to blend a lot with the spatula. It was very fluid. Took my time with the batter and did an in the pot swirl. It might not be as amazing to every body else, but i didn't think i could do it since i been doing it wrong all along lol.

I was just leaving it at that default when punching in my recipes.. Lately i have been changing to lye concentration and manually putting in 33% instead. I am quite sure it is something that is not clicking in my brain.

I guess i am saying the whole thing wrong lol.

Up until the past week or two, I never touched the lye/water settings on soap calc and used what they said i should use. I was soaping that way for my long 3 month career.

Then i started to change the default from water:lye ratio, to lye concentration to 33%.
Elly’s Everyday on YouTube has a couple of tutorials on lye solution calculations which really helped me, take a look at her tutorials she is really clear and easy to follow.

Back