Eucalyptus frost

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ugeauxgirl

Reaction score
I bought this fragrance by WSP and it turned my soap yellow. It faded pretty badly too. Won't be buying that one again.
PXL_20211119_213828508.jpg

I put the discolored bars against a white one so you can see the contrast. Really yellow. Going to have to rebatch or toss

I agree with @AliOop , I wouldn't toss it!
WSP gives a mixed message on this FO since they say there is no discoloration yet provide a picture of cured soap that is very yellow indeed. One of the reviews for CP also mentions that it discolors to yellow.
Me? I would give it a silly name like the old Zappa jokes: "Yellow Snow" by I.P. Freely :)

I agree with @AliOop , I wouldn't toss it!
WSP gives a mixed message on this FO since they say there is no discoloration yet provide a picture of cured soap that is very yellow indeed. One of the reviews for CP also mentions that it discolors to yellow.
Me? I would give it a silly name like the old Zappa jokes: "Yellow Snow" by I.P. Freely :)
I went back and looked at the photo- you're right, it's very yellow. I wonder if that photo is new. I usually look at that. Also they're color pics are usually oval...

Y'all are right, it's not terrible, I was just expecting white. And the "yellow snow" did occur to me- not the frosty winter soap I imagined...

It's "Frosted Eucalyptus" - I got the name wrong

I agree with everyone - keep it! Make a note of the color change and use that knowledge (of color) when you design your next batch! This is what I do. I always try to stay as natural as possible but add mica for n accent onto whatever color my base soap might end up. Yes, I do test batches for color changes.

Your soap is lovely. Keep it!

Attached an example of discolorations I use to my soaps benefit. This is: Goat Milk soap - Blk Pepper & Cardamon (left) and Old Time Barbershop (on right). Blk Pepper & Cardamon does have a Snow White mica swirl (from Mad Micas)which shows up very loudly after 3 wks. of curing, and the Barbershop has no color, only used coffee grounds. These two soaps are my bigger sellers.

Attachments

• Cardamon & Barbershop - ready.jpg
    Cardamon & Barbershop - ready.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 20
It does. They are about 5 weeks old. I don't love the fragrance but they don't smell rancid. I thought I hadn't mixed the fo in as well as I should have.

Latest posts

Back