eucalyptus blends?

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

cnm

Reaction score
I know lavender is good but I have a lavender goats milk so I don't want competition until that's out.
I could go straight but would like a few suggestions.
thanks.

Reaction score
I am biased, but I think just about everything goes with eucalyptus.

Citrus scents go especially nicely (if you can get lemon scented gum, that goes well - lemon scents are nice with eucalyptus).

Other medicinal type smells can blend in interesting ways, like tea-tree (I'm not fond of tea-tree, but a lot of people are).

My favourite blends are usually eucalyptus and hard herbs (like lavender or rosemary), or with wood blends (like cedarwood, sandalwood and patchouli).

It will go with mints as well - eucalyptus and peppermint is especially zingy!

Seawolfe

Reaction score
I just made another batch of my minty forest salt soap and it uses:
Fir 14%
Rosemary 9%
Eucalyptus 27%
Peppermint 18%
Spearmint 32%

For a "greener" scent I like
Lavender 25%
Eucalyptus 25%
Grapefruit 25%
Rosemary 12.5%
Peppermint 12.5%

I don't think you can go wrong with eucalyptus and citrus.

JonQ

Reaction score
1 part peppermint
1 part eucalyptus

Reaction score
Timely question. Last night I made two blends on the fly, both of which smell pretty nice.

One was 50% orange, 30% patchouli, 20% eucalyptus. I initially thought it was heavy on the patch, but I'm pretty pleased today.

The other was 20% lavender 50% eucalyptus 30% mint. I think lavender softens and warms the cool herbal mint, but truthfully I needed more to get that. Next time I'll try 40% lavender and reduce each of the other two by 10% each.

KatyP

Reaction score
As others have mentioned, eucalyptus and peppermint EO. That blend has been my top selling regular bar soap (as opposed to shampoo bars or shave soaps) every month for 2 years straight.

cnm

Reaction score
KatyP,
What ratio do you use for mint/eucalyptus?

winusuren

Reaction score
Eucalyptus and Spearmint is very popular for me
Could you please share the ratio? I made a batch with 1:2 Eucalyptus and Spearmint. I had skin irritation. The soap is nearly a year old now. Still I have that stinging feel but I love the smell..

Reaction score
Reaction score
Could you please share the ratio? I made a batch with 1:2 Eucalyptus and Spearmint. I had skin irritation. The soap is nearly a year old now. Still I have that stinging feel but I love the smell..
According to IFRA standards, Spearmint should never be used at more than a Class 9 category of 7.813% weight to oils weight.

Latest posts