EU Trading standards approved scales

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowan

Reaction score
I've been making soap and B&B for about 2 and a half years and giving them to family and friends for feedback. However more and more people are coming back to me wanting to buy my soap or asking me to do soaping parties etc, which I can't do, due to EU regulations. So I've been very slowly investigating cosmetic safety assessments etc, so I can start to sell.

I've come across a bit of a stumbling block regarding what type of trading standards approved scale I would need to buy in order to comply with EU regulations? As far as I understand it, they have to have the ability to be calibrated?

It was suggested that it would cost approximately £150-£200. I've been looking at digital scales, but they seem to be more expensive than that. If anyone has any advice about the type of scale I would need to buy or could suggest good companies or scales I could look at, it would be really appreciated.

Thanks for the advice Craig. I'm overwhelmed by the choice of scales out there on the market. The cost concerns me too, as money is very tight. I wouldn't be looking to sell just yet but so many people are asking for soap that I need to have the ability to sell (and be legal!).

Latest posts

Back