Etsy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, but would also say that many people find their way to Etsy products through social media posts on Instagram, Facebook, etc. I am not positive, but believe that he can also pay for ads on Etsy that will bring his products to the forefront for anyone searching for his type of products.

If he makes soap molds, cutters, log splitters, or planers, he might consider advertising here on SMF, as well. Here's to a successful Christmas season for him!

I dunno about etsy. I set up a shop with one tester bar on there and told my sister to go in and buy it. She cant find it. The bar is still there and has zero views and its been months lol. I have never sold anything on etsy, so i obviously have zero reviews. I am not sure if that matters with how you show up on their search. But when julie entered the exact name of my shop, she got every result but my store.

So my husband is a woodworker. He does inlay work as well as a number of other things and is on Etsy since early spring. Never had one order. I've encouraged him to go through a Christmas before closing up shop. What do you think?
Iv'e never tried to sale on Etsy' but if it were me I'd stay tell after the Holidays to close up shop' unless your paying a monthly fee & its a burden to continue then I'd close up shop.

@soapmaker have you read the seller handbook on Etsy? It has lots of handy tips on how to use SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) and how to arrange your titles and tags to get seen. You can find the handbook by scrolling down to the dark blue section at the bottom of the page.

You are better off selling on FB and CraigsList.
Etsys fees got out of control by many, not me but what others have said.
Woodworking is Great st Fairs, so maybe next year.
Also he should donate something to a business in town that could show case his craft.... cheese store for cutting blocks ?

Thanks for the input. So much going on right now we haven't had a chance to do anything but change is in the plans. Etsy says that buyers like free shipping but we wonder if that was a deterrent because obviously your prices are higher.

Back