Etsy Question about Shipping Terms

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I've had an etsy account for a long time now but i've never done anything with it till now. And now with ebay trying to improve their site i'm going to close up shop there and give etsy a try. Or rather sell at auction only on ebay. Because I do so well with my doll bottles.

But my question is this.
On ebay i use the shipping calculator because shipping cost often varies based on zip code and class being sent.

Most of my items do go priority mail, with a few lighter items being mailed first class.

I feel i can figure out teh shipping cost pretty good, but what I hate is trying to be honest and fair about combined shipping.

How do you decide how much to charge if an item is shipped with another?

I think I have mine listed at half the estimated shipping. Then if it's less, I'll refund the shipping. I don't know, I've done multiple item orders from other sellers with less shipping and it doesn't work.

I do $4.60 for the first item (unless it's under 6oz , then I go $3.00) & $1.00 for each additional item. My terns state significant overages will be refunded. I estimate on international too and my terms state actual international shipping may vary.

Tabitha said:
I do $4.60 for the first item (unless it's under 6oz , then I go $3.00) & $1.00 for each additional item. My terns state significant overages will be refunded. I estimate on international too and my terms state actual international shipping may vary.
I think this is a pretty good way to go about it.

Personally, I always underestimate. I make my shipping low, even if I lose a little bit of money out of it. You have to consider customers are VERY picky about shipping charges (look at how most of us are when we order our supplies!)

I have actually had customers e-mail me saying they chose my product because I had lower shipping and that they are glad they did because they feel now that they have used my soap (or whatever) shipping doesn't matter, even if I raise it a little. Which I won't...

I believe..Tab? posted about how much do we actually spend on shipping, did that thread get far?

All in all, Last year, all together, I ended up paying out an extra $12.00 shipping.

Latest posts

Back