Etsy ...going down hill?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lane

Reaction score
I have only been on Etsy for about two months... I am addicted to buying things there... As a buyer, it seems things are getting... crappy? Like what happened to all of the neat, original handmade goodness? And whats with all of this crap that IS NOT handmade, or vintage...or supplies....

I hate to say it, but I fear it is going to turn into an "Ebay"...Not that I hate Ebay...actually, I do hate ebay...

Anyways... That was my mini rant... :oops:

Has anyone else noticed any changes there??

i've only bought a few things on etsy, i just learned about it a few months ago....

anyway a client was telling me about a story he heard on the radio about ebay's crazy new changes so everyone from ebay was jumping ship to etsy....could be what you're seeing.

ETSY is taking in all of the EBAY refugees due to the price hikes. They won't be there for long though I bet.

Flag the heck out of in appropriate items I say.

Supplies & vintage are allowed. I *think* ETSY move vintage & supplies to other sites/venues at some point.

My sales have actually been getting a bit better but not holding my breath yet. I like what I do and I know i'm never going to get rich on it but because there is so much of the same everything there what's the point? I don't have repeat customers and I know I should give it more time so we will see. I like the commercial supplies stuff but not so much the vintage items. I could go to the salvation army and pick up some things and its vintage?

Back