etsy.com

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just joined etsy too. I recently heard about it from Anne-Marie's blog and I think I may try it out. Right now I joined so I can shop til I drop. LOL Thanks for the link to your shop Bret :D

Soapmaker Man,

You are kicking some major butt on etsy! Good for you!

Tabitha said:
Soapmaker Man,

You are kicking some major butt on etsy! Good for you!

I've had a great weekend! I'm so busy! I've been working in the TOG Shop every day since Friday. Hopefully, I'll be finished with all orders by Wednesday. That is the day smellitlikeitis gets her large order shipped!Thank you for recommending the site! I feel if you have a great product at a greater price, you will be successful. Some of these "BIG" mold and cutter companies are ridiculous in their prices! My TOG 8 Wire Log Cutter will do anything that a tank can do, for 66% less! Thanks again S!

Paul.... :wink:

No problem Paul. I am happy to get them! I been wanting molds like this for a long time but couldnt afford them at the other place.

I dont know if I should get a etsy site because now.. EVERYONE has them.. its like an Ebay remix all over again. I cant sit in front of a computer all day trying to stay at the top (because that is what the other forum is doing) I was reading about it.

What are your chances of someone buying something from you, and relisting and really not making that much money on your bar of soaps..

Just a thought....

What are your chances of someone buying something from you, and relisting and really not making that much money on your bar of soaps..

Reword this.. I don't get it. Do you mean somone buys your bath cupcake & then tries to resell it as their own? That is against etsy rules unless they were to maybe add it into a gift basket & credit you in the listing.

No I think she means what are the chances of making any money on that site when everyone sells what you sell. On top of that spending money to list and relist it can get costly if your not making any money.

SMELLIT: I do not see too many listings for what your marketing (bath cupcakes) Ive seen some but not many so who knows and if you get a listing I will be your first sale!! So my opinion is, if you have time to open one up its free and who knows! I believe you will become wildly popular because your name is original and catchy!

Wintersnow said:
I use etsy and love it. I buy and sell on there. I use to have an ebay store but the costs where just getting too high to make it worth keeping. An art forum I'm on calls ebay greedbay and boy, are they right.

Here's my etsy shop if you'd like to take a peek ...
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=15294

I hearted you Winter!

pepperi27 said:
No I think she means what are the chances of making any money on that site when everyone sells what you sell. On top of that spending money to list and relist it can get costly if your not making any money.

SMELLIT: I do not see too many listings for what your marketing (bath cupcakes) Ive seen some but not many so who knows and if you get a listing I will be your first sale!! So my opinion is, if you have time to open one up its free and who knows! I believe you will become wildly popular because your name is original and catchy!

Well thank you :) the cupcakes are getting popular fast. But your right at what I am saying.. How much is it to keep relisting? How many soapers are on there.. Im just trying to see if its worth my time.. ya know?

Well it may not seem like it at first but you can make money on it if your original enough. I make handmilled soap and there are only two or three others that do it. So far a lot of people like my soap although they arent that special :wink: I would say you never know if you don't try! It only costs .20 ea listing and ea quantity. So if you list one item but you put a quantity of 10 it will be 2.00. Did I do that right? LMAO I've been making some mp soap and sniffing lots of new fragrances so i'm a litttle light headed LOL

I am soooooo glad you guys pointed me to etsy.com! I have done very well 2 weekends in a row now! Great place to sell handcrafted items! I LOVE etsy.com!

My wife, Phyllis, has opened her own shop selling her unique refillable washcloths. You ladies gotta check these out! So very unique! She has a bar saver sock, too! It is a unique design. She is selling my soaps, lotions, creams, & whipped shea butter there too. She is "The Bath Emporium." Check it out guys! Our second etsy.com store in 3 weeks!

Here is the link;

http://www.TheBathEmporium.etsy.com

Thanks ladies, please take a look!

Well Tab, you sold me.. I think I am going to give it a try when I am finish with my soaping..

Who knows.. I could probably get a few things.. .20cents isnt that bad.

So let me get this straight..

If my store is empty when I start out.. I list one item each day?

so if I have 16 soaps.. thats 16 days?

We should have a Etsy.com tutorial LOL

Kinda bumping it after having finally registered as a seller!
Thanks again, Tab, for all your great hints!!!

I'll have to figure out the kinks now with how to list stuff and such and hopefully it'll go from there! :wink:

I've done really well at Etsy! Last month I paid them over $100 bucks in commissions alone! :( :) I told them they must love me. :lol:

Oh wow, Paul, that's amazing!!! Granted, I'd cry a bit over the 100$ comission.. but the profit for you was hopefully worth it? :wink:

Btw, I still loooove the decadent butter. I smell heavenly, if I may say so myself! :lol: (Wanna share with me what fragrance that was again? I forgot but I'd love to get something like that for my soaps and later body powders and such. :wink: )

I am busy for sure! I'll have to ask Phyllis which butter she put in your order package. Was it Warm Vanilla Sugar? Not sure. Thanks though, I love making that thick, rich body butter. :)

Paul.... :) :wink:

Latest posts

Back