Etsuko Watanabe inspiration

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hils67

Reaction score
B60A4DDA-C04F-4E09-ADC1-878DF6B605CC.jpeg
i just love watching Etsuko Watanabe videos...so here’s my first attempt. I didn’t have a mould with dividers so improvised using cardboard. Absolutely thrilled I made a recipe that poured nicely and chuffed to bits on how it turned out. It’s not perfect, but I’ve learnt so much about how to work with pouring colours and swirls.

These are made with CO, lard, olive oil, sweet almond, sunflower and castor. Lavender, peppermint, rosemary and tea tree EOs. Looks and smells lovely...just got to wait a few weeks now before I can try it out!!

Attachments

• 98D281FB-B868-497C-A3C1-FCBEDF532873.jpeg
    98D281FB-B868-497C-A3C1-FCBEDF532873.jpeg
    37.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 2348EE20-BD00-4352-8312-4B9BB49B89C3.jpeg
    2348EE20-BD00-4352-8312-4B9BB49B89C3.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 28
View attachment 37221 i just love watching Etsuko Watanabe videos...so here’s my first attempt. I didn’t have a mould with dividers so improvised using cardboard. Absolutely thrilled I made a recipe that poured nicely and chuffed to bits on how it turned out. It’s not perfect, but I’ve learnt so much about how to work with pouring colours and swirls.

These are made with CO, lard, olive oil, sweet almond, sunflower and castor. Lavender, peppermint, rosemary and tea tree EOs. Looks and smells lovely...just got to wait a few weeks now before I can try it out!!
That looks so beautiful, great job!

i watched a couple of these videos last night--so fun to watch but I didn't think the one was ever going to end--it amazes me that for as long as it took it was still pourable at the end. very beautiful

Beautiful soap, great work! I like how some bars have totally different swirls..
Thanks Dawni, the different swirls weren’t intentional lol, they were meant to be the same...but that’s what I love about soap making! You never really know how it’s going to turn out :)

i watched a couple of these videos last night--so fun to watch but I didn't think the one was ever going to end--it amazes me that for as long as it took it was still pourable at the end. very beautiful
I think that was the biggest learning curve I had with doing this soap. I only mixed to emulsion and my first few pours were a bit too thin. By the end the colours were pouring just right, but the white thickened up quicker due to the TD. I don’t think I could achieve this one with a bigger mould (I did 500g of oils). I learnt so much about trace and how colours affect trace. It wasn’t perfect but I was very happy at my first attempt :dance:

Wow. I am a purple freak and they are gorgeous
Ha, me too. Purple and pink every time!! I must try some other colours lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Back