Essential oils in small percentage of batter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapyh

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I was making a loaf I normally make and I forgot to add the essential oils ( mix with geranium in) I had a small amount of batter left so I quickly mixed it in with this poured it onto the loaf. It was a two coloured loaf so I couldn’t just whisk it in ., I slowly swirled the batter with a spoon and stick but in the bit of batter with tbe EOs in it started to seize so I couldn’t complete the top design. My question is will this be a bit dangerous for the skin of the EOs haven’t been mixed throughly/only on a small portion of batter lightly mixed?

Hi guys,
I was making a loaf I normally make and I forgot to add the essential oils ( mix with geranium in) I had a small amount of batter left so I quickly mixed it in with this poured it onto the loaf. It was a two coloured loaf so I couldn’t just whisk it in ., I slowly swirled the batter with a spoon and stick but in the bit of batter with tbe EOs in it started to seize so I couldn’t complete the top design. My question is will this be a bit dangerous for the skin of the EOs haven’t been mixed throughly/only on a small portion of batter lightly mixed?
Geranium is fairly benign. Since it would be lathered up with the rest of the loaf, I would think it should be safe for most people.

Back