Essential oils calculations

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie68121

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’ve searched on here for the answer and online but I can’t seem to find what I’m looking for. So my question is when calculating the amount of EO for a soap batch, are we basing this on oils or total batch size? Also what is a good EO calculator to use? Some you tube videos say to use 3% but I thought different EOs have a different usage rate. Thank you!

You are correct that different EOs have different safe usage rates. I usually stick to them, but I know another soaper who always uses 3% EO regardless of the EO. Many of the calculators actually have some very good info for you on "safe usage rates", so I won't go further.

I use oil weight for calculating EO rates. The online calculators do the same and many explain why, so I won't go into that either.

I'm in with @dibbles on the eocalc.com site. My fave. Here's their page I use for safe usage rates of single EOs and blends: Enter Your Own Blend » Essential Oil Calculator

Latest posts

Back