Essential oils at trace

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but how would i get the nice lather?

5-15% castor oil can help, also a longer cure time. I've tried a little sugar (1tsp ppo) and that helps build bubbles. I don't have a shampoo bar I am in love with yet, it's difficult. The last 4 I've tried have 0 coconut oil and they have been the best.

*edit: I have long and fairly curly hair, it's pretty normal (not oily or dry). My brother in law is in love with one of my shampoo bars and he has short slightly oily hair. I'm imagining if I can make a shampoo bar I love, it will work for most people.

Last edited:
5-15% castor oil can help, also a longer cure time. I've tried a little sugar (1tsp ppo) and that helps build bubbles. I don't have a shampoo bar I am in love with yet, it's difficult. The last 4 I've tried have 0 coconut oil and they have been the best.

*I have very long and fairly curly hair, it's pretty normal (not oily or dry). My brother in law is in love with one of my shampoo bars and he has short slightly oily hair.

thanx a lot for yor wonderful tips... would you just tell me how much time does it need to cure?

thanx a lot for yor wonderful tips... would you just tell me how much time does it need to cure?

The last bar took 3 months, one of them took 6 months. I don't have the formula on hand, but it's very high in soft oils and none of them are perfect yet.

I'd like to try sugar today, but I'm not sure how much a teaspoon "PPO" is. Is PPO "per P-something OZ? Never heard this where I come from. And is this added to the lye? Or the Oil? Thank you!

I'd like to try sugar today, but I'm not sure how much a teaspoon "PPO" is. Is PPO "per P-something OZ? Never heard this where I come from. And is this added to the lye? Or the Oil? Thank you!

PPO is per pound of oil. So 1 teaspoon for 1 pound of oil. Some people also use 1 TBSP ppo in case 1 tsp doesn't add enough bubbles for you

Guys i tried this soap today... one of the BEST EVER! high lether, very smooth... a soap that rilly kisses your hand when you use it... (Y)

Back