Essential Oil proportions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm trying to duplicate the Zum Bar fragrance of Frankinsence and Myrrh.
Has anyone used these fragrances together and if so, would you please share the proportions you used?
Thanks

Hi!

Don't you love blending EOs?

I just soaped this and used 3 parts frankincense to one part myrrh. You might find this helpful. I just started blending EOs and I would be lost without it. I start with small amounts in a bottle to get an idea of what the fragrance will be like and tweak in small amounts to get what I need. but starting with these suggestions really saves the day. Most of the time I don't alter them.

http://www.rainbowmeadow.com/infocenter ... select.php

The Frank and Myrrh Zum bar lists EOs and fragrance oil in the ingredients so it might be hard to dupe.

"Saponified 100% food grade olive, coconut, palm & castor oils, in a goat's milk base, with herbs, pure essential oils, fragrance oil and natural colorings"

I love that Zum bar too. :)

Thanks so much.

Fragrances are such an "iffy" thing. The same scent from one company might be so different from another.

CPSoaper. I'm not sure I understand what OT is. Also, was the mixture a fragrance oil or essential oil?
Marr...thanks so much. I'll give this a try.

I have so much to learn about fragrances! Am fairly new to all of this and seem to be stuck in something I know works. Would love to branch out a bit!

Donna

Back