Essential Oil combination

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debby

Reaction score
I’ve just made a soap with Pink Grapefruit. I’m pleased with the outcome but find the essential oil hasn’t a very strong smell, I used 2% Has anyone any ideas what other essential oil I could use, maybe using 1% pink grapefruit and 1% of something else? Thanks

Are you doing cold process soap? If so, you can go up to 5% according to my go-to guide on usage rates, Find Free Essential Oil Blends - Modern Soapmaking . Citrus essential oils are hard to "stick" but the folded citrus are better. I have good luck with Orange 10X. Also you can pair a citrus with litsea cubeba which works well for me. Another trick I have not yet tried is to blend your essential oil in kaolin clay a day ahead of soapig. Good luck!

Thank you, I think I’ll try the kaolin clay. Do you know whether white clay would work the same? It’s just that I already have a box 😂

If you looking for essential oils and other natural product check out manorgroveoils.co.uk. we have a wide range of oils and years of experiance

I have the same problem and I am using three different recipes (two of them with clay (pink and green). I am using around 2,5% EO and after some days the scent is very weak. I am trying deep on these subjects and looking for how to improve the scents naturally. If someone knows a bit about that, please give us help or recommend a book about it. thanks.

Back