Essential Depot Berry Breeze....anyone?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nsmar4211

Reaction score
Has anyone used the berry breeze from Essential Depot? I ordered it on a whim...when I took a sniff OOB it smelled so much like cough syrup it made me queasy to my stomach!!! And I've got a strong belly usually....whoa!
I'm not even looking forward to testing it... *looks for respirator*
Hoping it smells better when CP'd? I'm hoping someone else has used it ....

I used it in a CP soap. I thought it was a pleasantly generic berry smell. I used .8 oz in 20 oz of oils, it wasn't very strong, and everybody I gave it to liked it. It's about 2 years old now and I can barely smell it in the soap, but after I dry my hands, I can smell it on my skin.

Ok, then I have higher hopes. Took another sniff and yep still smells like cought syrup OOB. Will be doing some two bar testing batches this week I think......

When I got mine from ED I also bought one called Sun and Sand. I thought it was just okay, and couldn't figure how they came up with the name because to me it was just a sort of clean, kind of soapy smell--it didn't remind me of sun or sand in any way. But everyone else loved it, and even without being told the name a couple of people said it reminded them of the beach!

The moral of the story is: just because you don't like the smell, doesn't mean you can't give the soap away. :D

Update:
A month into the cure and its not cough syrup anymore. My brain is against it though so my sniffer imagines things. However, my test group of friends loves it and doesn't smell Nyquil like I do..... so if anyone's thinking of using it, test first before buying the big bottle LOL

Latest posts

Back