Errr...am I crazy?? Is goat's milk a veggie?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catastrophe

Reaction score
Perusing a new-to-me supplier website, was trying to figure out what brand of MP base they might have.

On their Goat's Milk MP base, made with "pure English goat's milk", some highlighted points about the base are:

100% vegetable base
No animal testing...ever

OK, I get it, they don't use the base on critters, but how can this possibly be construed as 100% veggie? :think:

I thought it was funny. Then I thought maybe "dairy" in the strictest sense of the word only means milk from cows and they were counting on that. So I checked. Nope. It's milk from all mammals. So, strictly speaking, humans produce dairy products, too. I'm hoping that's not going to be on the menu anytime soon. Although, I can see some "crunchy" cafe opening in SoHo offering human dairy with a choice of vegan, vegetarian, lacto-ovo vegetarian, omnivore, carnivore, caffeinated/non-caffeinated, cruciferous/noncruciferous... I'm putting way too much thought into this. Let me know when the whale milk goes on sale.

I did some wandering via Google, and I found several sites that say their GM base has the English goats in it, and one link took me to Stephenson, but I'm not sure it's theirs either.

I'd love to figure out the manufacturer, been discussing an eBay seller in PMs with someone, and one of the sites that popped up with that base is theirs.

Anyway, only one site claims it's 100% vegetable LOL.

Vegetarian vs. vegan. So it can be vegetarian but not vegan. But calling it 100% veggies seems inaccurate and could be considered misleading.

Latest posts

Back