EOCalc.com Blend Reviews

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been using a soap scented with the woodland blend that I made in April 2020 (so +2years old) and it still smells very nice and strong. When I first put it in the shower the entire bathroom smelled of the soap (which isn't that impressive since our bathroom is tiny).
The bar was packaged after cure and stored in a cardboard box in another cardboard box (so not much airflow going on)
This is interesting because the blend is heavy on lavender, which often seems to fade fast, but it also includes amyris, which is used as a fixative in perfumes. Can you still detect the lavender note?

This is interesting because the blend is heavy on lavender, which often seems to fade fast, but it also includes amyris, which is used as a fixative in perfumes. Can you still detect the lavender note?
I feel like the amyris and cedar have overpowered the lavander since the beginning, so I can't really say to be honest. I'd have to compare this bar to a new one and I still don't have much time to soap, but I'll keep it in mind and try to think of scenting my next soap with this blend😉

I feel like the amyris and cedar have overpowered the lavander since the beginning, so I can't really say to be honest. I'd have to compare this bar to a new one and I still don't have much time to soap, but I'll keep it in mind and try to think of scenting my next soap with this blend😉
I used Woodland in a soap I made yesterday, but subbed in lavandin for the lavender. It smells great this morning and I would use it again if it holds up as well for me as it did for you. I mostly smell lavandin, but in a softer way than if I used it alone, perhaps due to the amyris. According to Mountain Rose Herbs, here, amyris acts as a fixative and has subtly warming, woody and balsamic notes balanced with sweet vanilla-like undertones that reveal as it dries.

I used Woodland in a soap I made yesterday, but subbed in lavandin for the lavender. It smells great this morning and I would use it again if it holds up as well for me as it did for you. I mostly smell lavandin, but in a softer way than if I used it alone, perhaps due to the amyris. According to Mountain Rose Herbs, here, amyris acts as a fixative and has subtly warming, woody and balsamic notes balanced with sweet vanilla-like undertones that reveal as it dries.
oooo now I want to buy some amyris. Darn you, @Mobjack Bay! 🤣

Aaah I wish I had time to soap! I just saw this is my last bar of this soap, so I need to be quick if I want to compare.. 😉

oooo now I want to buy some amyris. Darn you, @Mobjack Bay! 🤣
It’s not an EO I would use as the star of the show, but I will love it if it slows down the loss of the lavandin. I bought mine from Camden Grey.
Aaah I wish I had time to soap! I just saw this is my last bar of this soap, so I need to be quick if I want to compare.. 😉
I can always send you some 2 mm thick slices 😂

OMG, I finally made a test soap with the Black Rose blend and I love it ❤❤❤. It has a fullness from the patch and a little brightness from the grapefruit. The florals are there adding a nice touch, but they’re not at all overpowering. I’m not a big fan of Geranium on its own, so this makes me happy. The added spiciness from the cinnamon and black pepper is perfect. I’m very happy with the scent level at 4% in the test bar.

@AliOop I didn’t have any issues with acceleration, but I only made a single test bar. I will update when I make a loaf, which will be after I test the test bar. According to EoCalc, the blend can be used safely at 5% in soap. I have not had problems with cinnamon leaf in the past. It’s supposed to be much milder than cinnamon bark.

How is Black Rose holding up? I'm working on an order at NDA (first time) and considering adding the black pepper and cinnamon leaf to try this blend.

Floral Touch is my absolute favorite blend. I use it in CP at 5% and it holds very well, I mean for at least a year. I made the mistake of sharing some soap with a friend with this blend. When she requested more I had to charge her because EO's ain't cheap! Actually, nothing is anymore 💰💰💰

I set that last bar aside and recently made some MP soap with this blend. Beside the fact that the scent of the new soap is obviously stronger, I don't feel like there are any notes that faded significantly more than others. Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back