EO to use with honey and oatmeal soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debby

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions on which EO would go nicely with a honey and oatmeal soap? I have just made one with a honey FO which I realise isn’t a good idea if I want a natural soap.
Looking on the Internet it seems as though Jasmine would go nicely but it’s way too expensive...
thanks for any ideas 😊

Here is a blend called "Mock Honey," that I found on the Soap Scent Review Board. I haven't tried it, but you might do swatch test.

47.5% litsea cubeba
47.5% clary sage
5% bitter almond

Yes, many essential oils are expensive. This was just a blend that I remembered from my notes. Eden Botanicals has it for $18 for one ounce and $31 for two ounces. That seems cheaper than a lot of suppliers.

I just checked WSP and Clary Sage is expensive!!!
Try Sun Pure Botanicals - What I like about them is the wide range of sizes they offer so you can buy just the amount you need to make up a blend to keep the overall cost down. :thumbs:

I have that Mock Honey EO Blend in my files too -- no notes on it but it does mind-smell nice!
As @dixiedragon mentioned, Honey Oatmeal soaps usually have enough scent that you don't really need to add any. Also, although clove/cinnamon is a good suggestion, those two EOs are "heaters" that cause acceleration for one thing, and if you decide to go that direction, use them with a very light touch... they are also known to be skin irritants.

Try Sun Pure Botanicals - What I like about them is the wide range of sizes they offer so you can buy just the amount you need to make up a blend to keep the overall cost down. :thumbs:

I have that Mock Honey EO Blend in my files too -- no notes on it but it does mind-smell nice!
As @dixiedragon mentioned, Honey Oatmeal soaps usually have enough scent that you don't really need to add any. Also, although clove/cinnamon is a good suggestion, those two EOs are "heaters" that cause acceleration for one thing, and if you decide to go that direction, use them with a very light touch... they are also known to be skin irritants.
I’m now thinking of going for eucalyptus as a first try. 🤞

That's why I recommended it - Eucalyptus and Spearmint can be found fairly reasonably priced (I really like NDA's), can be used with a fairly heavy hand if wanted and still have a safe usage rate, and don't accelerate trace. Plus who doesn't like fresh and minty? (Ok... maybe that one person...) And this time of year it's a wonderful boost in the shower to keep oneself motivated.

Back