EO ratio help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas_Bubbly

Reaction score
I am new to all of this, and right now, only messing around with M&P due to space limitations. I want to try out different scents, but don't know where to start.

Here are the EO's that I have:

tea tree oil, peppermint, clary sage, bergamot, lemongrass, lavander and spearmint.

I want to try a tea tree/peppermint scent, and a clary sage based scent.... but don't know what ratios, or if there should be some other scent added to make the scent seem 'finished.'

I LOVE bergamot and lemongrass.. but again.. I am not sure of what ratio to use.

(it's hard to find recipes for the scent only!)

Thanks in advance!

Try bergamot and lemon half and half. They are more citrusy and compliment each other. I have found, though that with peppermint type scents you need to use it as a minority like say, 3 parts lavender 1 part peppermint.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE bergamot and lemon together. That is on my list of to do's.

My husband wants a tea-tree/peppermint type of scent. His all-time favorite soap is Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree bar. I want to replicate that scent and keep him happy with my soapmaking escapades. :lol:

Latest posts

Back