EO or FO tint as the coloring in a swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milky

Reaction score
Is it okay to use an EO or FO as coloring in a swirl or would that dilute the fragrance too much? Is it necessary to scent all parts of the soap and not half of it?

I'm not following what you mean. Do you mean the slightly yellow color some fo's have, or do you mean the darkening that comes from the vanillin content? You can scent as much or as little of your soap as you want. When it comes to color and fragrance, there really aren't many things that are "required"

Yes and yes. I'm curious if a pale yellow/beige swirl would look more elegant or like a mistake and if the scent would be strong or seriously weakened. And I ask because I've never done it before, if a dark vanilla swirl would hold in place where you put it or would it drift into the unscented part? Guess the latter wouldn't happen but it was just a thought..

I agree with Steve. Try it and see. I honestly can't say as I haven't tried it. And post pictures when you're done! Teach us all what happens when! :)

Back