EO + FO Theory to "Stick" Fragrance

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
FWIW, my latest theory is combining EOs with FOs may be the best way to "stick" a fragrance. Shortly after coming up with that idea, Wholesale Supplies Plus came up with 88 EO/FO BLENDS in January 2020. They are now up to 139 blends (March 2021).

I buy them when they are on sale. So far I've soaped BLADDERWRACK (awesome), and PINK (Lovely floral). Both are "stickers" and holding well after the 1-year mark. Unfortunately they are now only available in bulk. :(

Today I'm blending an Oakmoss FO from WSP with EOs: Cedarwood, Geranium, Pink Grapefruit to dupe WSP Bladderwrack EO/FO blend

I'd like to invite anyone who is of the same mind to post results here on this thread. :videovisit:

Last edited:
Do you find that combining EOs / FOs makes the fragrance last longer than 6 months typical of EOs only?
TIA (Thanks in advance) :)

Not sure I can answer this as I don't find that EOs expire in 6 months. I have Eucalyptus Mint soap that lasts a year as well as blends with Patchouli. It definitely makes my Lavender last longer. I learned that from @Irish Lass.

Latest posts

Back