EO blends that play nice with peppermint?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noodge

Reaction score
Hi all!

So I've got a CP soap planned for tomorrow that has some peppermint scented embeds throughout (I thought the soap dough I used was unscented but alas, I was wrong), so I could do with a blend that would work with the peppermint and not end up smelling like soap layered with toothpaste :D

I'd normally head straight to tea tree, but I'm a bit bored of that combo now! :D

The EOs I have to hand are:
Lavender
Rosemary
Litsea Cubeba
Black pepper
Cedarwood
Ylang Ylang
Bergamot
and a teenie weenie bit of cinnamon leaf

I know it's really easy to say 'experiment and see what you like' but I have a greatly reduced sense of smell after multiple sinus surgeries (I've definitely picked the wrong hobby!) and my housemates say absolutely every blend I ask them to smell reminds them of olbus oil :beatinghead: just my luck lmao

I'm leaning towards something with rosemary, that's popped up a few times in my research

Thoughts?

(and a big thanks in advance!)

Rosemary with peppermint is very nice. I also use lavender 2:1 with peppermint and it’s one of my favorites. Maybe even add a touch of black pepper. I like lemongrass with peppermint too, so the litsea would likely be nice as well.

rosemary, lavender and a little bit of peppermint should be good. Try a little of the blend, (such as 2 drops rosemary, 3 drops lavender and 1 drop peppermint), on a cotton ball or tissue. Put it in a sealed jar for a few hours to blend; and then try the scent to see if you like it. Coconut FO, if you have it, and peppermint make a lovely light scent.

Latest posts

Back