Entry Thread for the SMF August 2021 Challenge - Ombre Designs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whooo! Hooo! We are celebrating tonight! Lol! This was the most awesome thing to wake up to!!!
Congrats @Tara_H and @The_Phoenix and all the entries! They were all pretty inspiring!
This was a lovely challenge that I enjoyed thoroughly! Thanks @dibbles for hosting, this is a technique that will stick I hope, I had so much fun with it!!

Everyone did a great job incorporating the ombré technique into their design with their own vision. There’s really no right or wrong way to do it, I think. I consider these challenges as less a competition and more of a try. Another design option under your belt makes this hobby all the more fun and enjoyable.

And congrats to everyone who participated in their first challenge!

Here’s my ombré entry - execution was not exactly as I had dreamed, but I still like them. The centers of these flowers were made with a small cylinder and a few different pull though gadgets - a spice jar plastic top and some little wooden flowers. Varying success. The ombré was red and pink mica which I tried to darken with charcoal but turned purple. The flowers were made with a column pour, starting with the dark color. Transitions worked pretty well but I might have started with an even darker color. Scented with lavandin.
Edited to bigulate the photos. 😉View attachment 60328View attachment 60329
Your soap design is "Stunning" ❤️💫

Latest posts

Back