Quantcast

ENTRY thread for SMF September 2020 Challenge - Marble stone inspired soap

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Post your entry photos here. You have until September 27, 2020 at 2:00 pm GMT to submit your entry, so there is still plenty of time!

Your Entry picture(s) must include a photo of at least 2 bars of soap from your batch AND an image of your inspiration marble object (this can be something you own, have seen & have a photo, or an internet obtained image).

As a reminder, this thread is for entry photos only. Please post all comments on each others' entries in the general challenge thread.

Good luck everyone - I'm looking forward to seeing your creations!

GemstonePony

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I have to pick only one reference picture I'll pull one of my references. The first one was what I fell in love with (Golden Spider Marble), with it's straight lines and sharp angles, but I didn't think it would read as marble if I didn't include more quintessential marble elements such as those pictured in the second reference (Perlato Sicilia Marble). The gray/gold top is not meant to be a marble element, it's just meant to be decorative.

Attachments

bookreader451

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Entering early because I am going away with the girls! we rented a house in the Finger Lakes in NY for some wine tasting! So this is my marble soap you can see the inspiration and the result. I liked the bottom too and will post that in the challenge thread. The scent is blue agave.EC031E1D-05F3-4969-ABCD-B40A9B91B191.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

Anstarx

Reaction score
Mine looks...nothing like marble lol. But I'm gonna post them anyway.
I tried to layer them and have the classic B&W marble look but it ended up being a drop swirl with awkward mica instead.
Smells divine tho. Scented w/ Perfect Man from NG.
cover.jpg

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Last minute soap, made it today. 100% CO with 20% SF, colored with carob, charcoal, a touch of TD, and a mix of gold and yellow mica. Scented with 4 parts Colombian Coffee (OTS) and 1 part Vanilla Bean (Aztec).

Looking at the first pic, the top left shows the top face of the soap, bottom left is a side shot, middle bar is an inside cut, and on the right is the bottom of the loaf. The TD and charcoal specks were intentional; the air bubbles were not (forgot to burp the SB).

IMG_1037.JPG

IMG_1040.JPG

IMG_1043.JPG

Inspiration photo:

Emperador marble.jpeg

LilianNoir

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not the best picture but for some reason I thought I had more time than I did and I know I won't be able to get it in tomorrow morning.
My inspiration was Pietra gray marble. I used activated charcoal to get the deep, dark gray, with two kinds of white mica to get that bright, almost shimmering white. Unfortunately, I think my lines are a bit too "windy" and not straight enough.
There's a bit of a story behind the overall concept for this soap. The marble type, colors, and scent were all chosen to evoke a very particular place/feeling/character. I'm not sure if this is the place to post that though. I will say it's related to a novel I'm writing, so I was pretty excited to make this.

Inspiration photo:
SL90221-59119.jpg

"In the House of Hades" soap photo:
2020-09-27 02.10.00.jpg

Icy and cold with a hint of sweetness. Scented with three kinds of peppermint, eucalyptus and a hint of pomegranate.

peachymoon

Reaction score
Getting this one in just under the wire because I couldn’t soap last weekend! I am excited to participate in my first challenge. :)

My inspiration was this pink marble photo found on Google images. I used Dragonfruit & Pear FO from WSP. Colors are Amaranth Pink from Nurture Soap, titanium dioxide and Shimmering Dark Gold Mica from WSP.

Attachments

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
The Entry Thread is now closed to additional entries for the Marble soap challenge. When the voting link is ready, I will send it via private messages (aka Conversations) to all participants on the sign up list.

Please put all comments on the September 2020 Challenge thread at this link: SMF September 2020 Challenge - Marble Stone Inspired Soap

Winners will be announced on September 30, 2020 after voting closes at 2:00 pm GMT.

ETA: The voting information has been sent to the participants. Let me know if you have any problems with the process and I will work on a solution.
Thank you

Last edited: