Entry Thread for SMF May 2022 Challenge - Infinity Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This the entry thread for the May 2022 SMF Soap Challenge - Infinity Swirl.

You are welcome to post more than one photo, but the photo you want used for the voting survey should be at the top of your post. Your entry photo must show a minimum of 2 soaps from your batch. Your first photo in the entry thread will be the one used for voting. You may choose to include pictures of your process if you desire, but the entry photo for the voting should be the 1st photo you place your entry post, please. You may also include information about your design, process, colors, fragrance or inspiration.

After the closing date on May 28 at 12:00am GMT the winning entry will be chosen using Survey Monkey. Voting will be open from May 28-30 and the winner will be announced on May 31. There is no prize attached to this challenge.

Please post any comments to participants about their entries in the general challenge thread (at this link) and not in the Entry thread.

Good luck everyone!

This was my third try and the best of the lot. It is a ZNSC variation and scented with Energy. This batch ended up being too fluid to swirl well, but still better than my first two tries that accelerated horribly.

The batch was still soft when I cut and beveled, but we were leaving to visit family so there was no time to let it firm up. I’m happy with the colors and really enjoying the cutting process with the Hercules. And I do like the matching partridges in the middle bars!

453E7246-A85A-4F70-BD4D-7969860D1A7C.jpeg

EC676DD4-F352-4960-BE65-C821F1479CD5.jpeg

For this challenge I had one shot as the last few weeks have been crazy for me. I made it early in the month. I’d been preparing for a big yard sale at my parents home as I’m executrix of their estate. It was yesterday on the hottest day of the year so far. 😳 Emotionally drained and very sunburned, I’m glad the first purge is in the books. Anyway…for the first time I was actually satisfied with my one and done attempt. Scented with one of my favorite clean, soapy smelling, well behaved fragrances from Candles and Supplies…Cool Citrus Basil
58D7B3E9-66F1-4CFD-B47C-F351B7FA11C3.png
BB68DB53-163F-43B3-9B7D-047A98FCF05C.png

My first photo for judging. I call it waterlily, because the two on the top look like waterlilies to me. Scent is Lychee/ Black Tea and colours are teal, neon pink and orange.
IMG_20220517_154651.jpg

Here are my extra photos.
Just two out of the lot.
IMG_20220513_191220.jpg

IMG_20220513_143605.jpg
Underneath, love how this looks.
IMG_20220513_190820.jpg

Left over soap after I took out dividers - what mould was I going to use other than rabbits :). I've only got two moulds and these won't be breeding - pity, I like the mould, will have to get more, dh bought them for me.
IMG_20220517_160644.jpg

Last edited:
Dolphin Blue mica (WSP) for center section and Uncolored batter for outside sections. I liked this color combo so much when I used it for the Distilled/Tap water test I decided to use the same for the challenge. Very spa like.

Fragrance is White Tea & Ginger from Bramble Berry.

Did a double pass with a bamboo chopstick. Tried to be very careful to follow along the same lines as the first pass.

IMG_8319 (3).JPG
IMG_8323 (2).JPG

The colors are inspired by my mural of a Private Island/Beach. The Ultramarine Blue for the ashes & Sky; Maniacal Pea Green for the Palms; Snow White Mica for the Beach & Activated Carbon for the shadow. I used Peppermint E. O. It smells wonderful! Blessings!
6CDBA159-2AE2-4697-BBCB-32296C29788F.jpeg
12A074AC-2D25-400C-A6C6-3BA6E7860F56.jpeg

The colors are inspired by my mural of a Private Island/Beach. The Ultramarine Blue for the ashes & Sky; Maniacal Pea Green for the Palms; Snow White Mica for the Beach & Activated Carbon for the shadow. I used Spearmint E.
5FBDD94E-B0CC-4B6B-BAC7-6A4EE6B7862C.png
5FBDD94E-B0CC-4B6B-BAC7-6A4EE6B7862C.png
I Apologize! I just re-read the Rules and saw I am to have my 1st image be my Entry but it must be 2 or more bars. I posted a single bar. Please use other pix of either 2 or Multiple Soaps as Entry because I am unable to delete and repost. If I am, please inform me how to do it? Blessings!

I Apologize! I just re-read the Rules and saw I am to have my 1st image be my Entry but it must be 2 or more bars. I posted a single bar. Please use other pix of either 2 or Multiple Soaps as Entry because I am unable to delete and repost. If I am, please inform me how to do it? Blessings!
I will use the second photo. Editing the post is possible, not deleting the post however. At this time, you can just leave it as is & the second picture will be for the voting.

The entry window is now closed. Links to voting will be sent out shortly.

I will use the second photo. Editing the post is possible, not deleting the post however. At this time, you can just leave it as is & the second picture will be for the voting.

The entry window is now closed. Links to voting will be sent out shortly.
Thanks! I truly Appreciate the response! My 1st Challenge! Blessings!

Since entries were supposed to be accepted May 22-28, I’m posting this here.

64FD2DAD-C621-4296-8B0D-DB587C629BCF.jpeg

I mixed up a masterbatch of oils about a week ago, chose 3 butterflies as color inspiration, and then got prettsick. Soaped as much as possible, but only made the first: an Eastern Tiger Swallowtail. I used a flat tool to swirl, so it woild work more like a calligraphy nib (thick in some directions, thin in others). That made it more angular, like a heliconia.
00A416F7-3FDB-4AD8-8727-10A0C613FD72.jpeg

For this challenge I had one shot as the last few weeks have been crazy for me. I made it early in the month. I’d been preparing for a big yard sale at my parents home as I’m executrix of their estate. It was yesterday on the hottest day of the year so far. 😳 Emotionally drained and very sunburned, I’m glad the first purge is in the books. Anyway…for the first time I was actually satisfied with my one and done attempt. Scented with one of my favorite clean, soapy smelling, well behaved fragrances from Candles and Supplies…Cool Citrus BasilView attachment 66899View attachment 66900
Outstanding!!

Back