ENORMOUS mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, that's a paint stirrer on the end of an electric drill, to mix the soap batter. And she uses a pot tipper like this, http://soapequipment.com/images/NewPotTipper4.gif so that she doesn't have to wield the pot by hand. But she does have to wrangle that 50lb. mass of soap by hand onto the platform so that she can use the cutter. I'm sure that's not easy. When I order 50lb. pails of oils from Columbus Foods, I have to lift it up one step onto my porch, and another step into the house, and that almost pulls my arm out of it's socket. Once indoors, I put it on a plant dolly with wheels, so that I can move it around more easily, and that's in a pail with a handle on it, so I really don't know how she does it with a block of slippery soap, but I did see it with my own eyes. Kudos to her!

Rinses her loaf? Huh? I'm all confused now lol

We have all struggled with ash on our soaps from time to time, and used various methods to remove it, but while watching one of Ariane's videos, I saw the most ingenious way ever, and posted it about it here. She just took the whole loaf, while still in the silicone mold, and held it under the faucet, and washed all of the ash away, then left the top to dry while still in the mold. It was one of those, "Now why didn't I ever think of that?" moments. :)

Back