Enablers !

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a FOHO and I went on a 7 year hiatus. I still have about 150 FO and most from the notorious Scent Works. Does anyone compare to them now? I need new suppliers to fill my gone forever scents from SW . They were my largest supplier and was always a splurge. I remember a big one at Christmas time. Can you image someone reopening that business! WOW! To know who supplied them?

I would not even want to count what I have. But will say a couple of racks with totes from 5-40 lbs each. A 5 shelf 4 ft wide cabinet filled a few other places with fo's since my cabinet is full and we won't talk about the 2 storage racks in storage filled with oils. One small cabinet with sample fragrances because I do not fool much with samples. Am I a FOHO :lol: and I just ordered 7 more lbs. This is a very naughty hobby. I am also a yarn HO

Now we all know why I worry about earthquakes. I would have to call Hazmat to clean up

I am a FOHO and I went on a 7 year hiatus. I still have about 150 FO and most from the notorious Scent Works. Does anyone compare to them now? I need new suppliers to fill my gone forever scents from SW . They were my largest supplier and was always a splurge. I remember a big one at Christmas time. Can you image someone reopening that business! WOW! To know who supplied them?

Agreed. Scent Works had some phenomenal FOs. I used them when I started years ago, and when I came back to soapmaking, was sad (but not surprised) they were gone. They also had some glorious dupes. I have tons of FOs from the "old days" but of course, since I took up the hobby again, I had to get "new stuff." So, yeah. I can't even bring myself to count how many both from past and present. It's embarrassing. :oops:

THANK GOD! I thought I was in jeopardy of becoming a FOHO...

It sounds like the 150 bottles of 1 ounce samples that I've acquired this year to test in CP soap is no reason for concern!
It sounds like I don't need an intervention program, yet!

LOL

My candle science order just arrived... .99 ¢ per ounce...I had to try a few new scents.

I'm testing:
Moonlight path
Bayberry
Honeydew
Cucumber melon
Juniper breeze
And
Lilac

Scents from any and all sources.
I've got one more vendor that I want to try before I could conclude my testing... But.... I'm waiting for a sale!

I may not need an intervention program yet, but I'm beginning to wonder how sane I am. I think cold process soap making might be driving me over the edge...

I read a thread today where the participants were declaring the virtues of unscented soap... And here I am ordering the same scent from 4 or 5 different places just so that I can make sure I'm using the best smelling fragrance....

Omg, I think I've gone so far down the rabbit hole that I'll never see daylight again!

I went down that rabbit hole last year with Sandalwood.
Sandalwood is not selling too well here for 2 years. I have a 1/2 bottle of Very Bad Behaving FO left and won't buy it again.
The Hemlock and birch sell ok so far but darnit I love it and will stock up as it is on sale !
Sorry @amd I am not helping you at all here muahahahaha

Sandalwood is not selling too well here for 2 years. I have a 1/2 bottle of Very Bad Behaving FO left and won't buy it again.
I have one customer that loves it (and I do too). Unfortunately WSP had the best Sandalwood, so I'll probably have to order that in for the customer. I do a custom order for her and always pays me twice whatever I bill her for it... so it's probably worth it lol. Otherwise I can't sell sandalwood for trying.

I haven't soaped the hemlock yet, it's on my to do list in the next month or so.

I have one customer that loves it (and I do too). Unfortunately WSP had the best Sandalwood, so I'll probably have to order that in for the customer. I do a custom order for her and always pays me twice whatever I bill her for it... so it's probably worth it lol. Otherwise I can't sell sandalwood for trying.

I haven't soaped the hemlock yet, it's on my to do list in the next month or so.
I love sandalwood too - have you tried Sweet Cakes SW? It's a little less than WSP's and I love it!

My candle science order just arrived... .99 ¢ per ounce...I had to try a few new scents.

I'm testing:
Moonlight path
Bayberry
Honeydew
Cucumber melon
Juniper breeze
And
Lilac

Scents from any and all sources.
I've got one more vendor that I want to try before I could conclude my testing... But.... I'm waiting for a sale!

Yeah.... I got sucked into that sale.

I’m trying to decide if the library scent would Be better as a candle or a soap.... oob it smells like the kids section and one of the moms is wearing too much drug store cologne.

I love sandalwood too - have you tried Sweet Cakes SW? It's a little less than WSP's and I love it!

Years ago I used Oregon Trail's Mysore Sandalwood. It was gorgeous. I haven't ordered from OT since I got back into soaping. Hmmm.....off I go.....OT also has one of my very favorite fragrances, Sapmoss. They say it's an Aveda dupe. I've never smelled Aveda's but if you are into really green fragrances, this Sapmoss is amazing.

I think I just enabled myself......:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back