Emusified?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
What is the difference between an emulsified body butter, a regular body butter & a whipped body butter?

I am sure everyone has their own opinions but I would like to hear yours.

Soapmaker man- It is your post that makes me ask this. In the swap thread I saw you post that you might make a body butter or you might make a whipped shea.

My body butter is a whipped shea... 75% shea & 25% oils. I think that is what everyne called body butter 5 years ago.

Is the trend changeing? Does body butter have less actual butter in it today? More like a heavy cream?

Whatcha think?

some body butter is just butters whipped together. Some is made of a thick cream... thicker than lotion...
Also I have seen where a body butter can just be an oil base. with one butter to harden it

Tab, I just whipped up a batch of my "Whipped Indulgence Body Butters" yesterday, a 20 ounce batch to fill an order to California. Like you, I use 70% "hard" butters and 25% oils. Mine has unrefined and refined Shea, mango butter, cocoa butter, and Kpaingan butter. Oils are olive, rice bran, sweet almond, and a dash of glycerin and T-50.
The answer to your question about emulisified body butters is one I can answer. I also make emulsified body butters that are butters, oils, E-Way as an emulsifier water, aloe vera juice, and a few other goodies. This is mainly oils but does contain liquids and needs a preservative. I use Germall Plus. I also make creams and lotions...just more water & aloe vera juice!
HTH!

Paul.... :wink:

So an emulsified butter is thicker than a cream but lighter than a whipped butter?

Tabitha said:
So an emulsified butter is thicker than a cream but lighter than a whipped butter?

Well, actually my emulsified body butter is heavier than my whipped butters. I get about 2.5 ounces of product in a 4 ounce double white plastic jar of my whipped butters. In the same size 4 ounce jars, i get 4 ounces of my emulsified body butter. It is heavier than my creams and lotions, too.

Paul.... :wink:

Back