Emulsifiers???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsMakeSoap

Reaction score
So i understand emulsifiers blend the ingrediants well, Anyone know any to add to a face lotion. Iv read borax, which i thought was a detergent, and umm beeswax i think might clog the poors :( Help not sure whats available appreciate it thanks

can you list your recipe thus far? I can then better help you with your emulsifier question.

There are many choices out there today. I use Lotioncrafters and The Herbarie as my 2 main suppliers for the lotions/creams/emulsified body butters wholesale online merchants.

I love good old fashioned e-wax, veggie based as my emulsifier, and a bit of lecithin. I use cetearyl alcohol and steric acid to thicken the mixture. I have several "top secret" ingredients that make my lotions so nice feeling.

Check out those 2 places and read about emulsifiers at each site to learn more. Welcome to the forum!

Paul :wink:

demme said:
can you list your recipe thus far? I can then better help you with your emulsifier question.

well thats the funny part I really only have one ingredient so far, and that grapeseed oil. I for sure need water or something to lighten it up for everyday use, How'a Witch hazel?, or should i go with like chamommile tea? Ummm tea tree oil is supposed to be helpful, but I also have heard evening primrose is a good oil too.
im still playing with it :lol: if you have any ideas please share thanks

Latest posts

Back