Emulsified body butter, but no water.

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Rsapienza

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes wax is used to stabilize BB. But EWax in particular isn’t needed any wax can be used.
Yes, I am aware. I was simply stating the answer I received when I asked the same question the OP is asking.😊

Eepa

Reaction score
I just experimented with anhydrous body butter adding several different emulsifiers, solid ester or fatty alcohol in to the basic mixture of butter, semi solid (babassu) oil and oil. Also added some coco caprylate after wards.

They all did something to the skin feel of the final product. I was most happy with the batches that had BTSM or myristyl myristate in them. They felt like they absorbed more quickly and left my skin feel less tacky and oily few minutes later. I went through Swift's blog to see anhydrous body butter modifiers and all my add-ons were picked there. The main point in the blog was to increase the melting point but also to pay attention to the skin feel. I didn't care so much about the melting point, that's never been an issue for me, but I wanted less greasy feeling body butter. And I think I succeeded in that.

Using wax for the melt point increaser would also change the skin feel and I haven't tried it but I'm guessing the skin feel would be much more draggy and could also make the skin sticky as the wax absorbs poorly. Probably not a problem with body butter but I'm using deodorant that has wax in it and I need to clean my armpits with scratchy shower cloth semi regularly otherwise the wax will stick to my skin and keeps the sweat smell with it. Never had that problem before so I'm accusing the wax atm.