Emu oil soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primrose

Reaction score
Last September at an event I did there was a stall selling camel milk soap and a stall selling emu oil soap, so I swapped a bar of my goat milk soap with each of them. I actually then misplaced the emu oil soap and forgot all about it until earlier in the week when I stumbled upon it

Oh my gosh it is probably the nicest bar of soap I've ever used! That awkward moment when you try out a soap that is better than yours hahahahaha

It wasn't labelled very well but just says: emu oil, almond oil, coconut oil, castor oil, lye water

Now I'm curious as to how much emu oil is in it, whether the fact I like it so much is due to the emu oil or whether it was just a nice bar of soap already with a bit of emu oil added ...

Might need to buy some emu oil and experiment ...

I LOVE emu oil in products, but it's expensive. I've never used it in CP soap due to that (I don't sell), but when I do rebatch I add some, and I've even added some to M&P in years past. It's also fabulous in lotions and creams. I don't know how lye would change it, but when I use it in rebatch, I use a little less than an ounce for a pound of soap shreds. It feels wonderful.

Some say that using to much emu oil can make the soap smell bad but I have heard that it makes a nice soap. It is on my "to try" list.

I have heard of it, but have yet to try it. Thank you for bringing this back to the forefront of my mind.

Some say that using to much emu oil can make the soap smell bad but I have heard that it makes a nice soap. It is on my "to try" list.

This bar is unscented and it does have a particular smell (like all unscented bars do) and its different to my olive, coconut and castor bars. So I'm guessing its the emu oil component giving it that scent. However I dont find it offensive or even strong, just characteristic in the same way I can sniff a bunch of my unscented bars that look all the same and know which one is the castile, which one has goat tallow, which one has lard and beef tallow, and which one has shea and cocoa butter. If that makes sense

Last September at an event I did there was a stall selling camel milk soap and a stall selling emu oil soap, so I swapped a bar of my goat milk soap with each of them. I actually then misplaced the emu oil soap and forgot all about it until earlier in the week when I stumbled upon it

Oh my gosh it is probably the nicest bar of soap I've ever used! That awkward moment when you try out a soap that is better than yours hahahahaha

It wasn't labelled very well but just says: emu oil, almond oil, coconut oil, castor oil, lye water

Now I'm curious as to how much emu oil is in it, whether the fact I like it so much is due to the emu oil or whether it was just a nice bar of soap already with a bit of emu oil added ...

Might need to buy some emu oil and experiment ...

Emu oil is expensive here in Oz, if you find anywhere that is reasonable please let me know.

Latest posts

Back