Emu and jojoba

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So here’s the emu and jojoba soap I was talking about with neem, Shea, and kokum butters. I used a little RBO to round out the recipe.
I used 2 tsp of turmeric in a 500 g batch which seems like a lot now. (Come to think of it it might be 3 tsp because my measurements have worn off my spoon so it may have been a 1/2 tablespoon).
Scented with sweet orange and patchouli which is completely overpowered by the 10% neem oil

44EEF11A-B0F4-4D85-9A9B-784CEC8F0AEE.jpeg
8A291BBF-6767-4FFF-AF01-7AF95B7D8A01.jpeg

Neem seed oil has a very powerful odor. I would let it cure for several weeks. The neem odor may be less powerful after curing.

Neem seed oil has a very powerful odor. I would let it cure for several weeks. The neem odor may be less powerful after curing.
Yes, that's what I've heard. I'm hoping it mellows out so that the patchouli and folded orange can stand out a little more. I intend to use this on my face so I would prefer it not smell the way it does now 😂

I personally don't find neem that bad, but I've also wondered and heard others wonder if different batches smell stronger or more objectionable than others. I love using Cmzaha's Dragon's Blood with my bars that have neem in them. For whatever reason, the combination is just so wonderful to me (and others who have smell-tested it for me, as well). Patchouli is similarly quite strong, and tends to overpower other scents, so here's hoping that your patchouli wins the punching match!

A week in and the smell is bearable so I’m pleased. There is absolutely no lather yet, but we will see with time how that changes. (I’m not using it yet, just testing the lather by the week). As this is for my face, I don’t mind it having low/no bubbles.

Latest posts

Back