Embroidery Machine forum ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you say $250 for the quilting, are you talking about the thread purchase amount ?

Yes. A few local ppl chg so much by the inch=$100 for the quilt 68x72, $25 for setup on the machine, $25 for thread, $X for the desity of stitching, they prefer you use their batting for $20, $25 for tying off/triming thread, $50 to sqr up the quilt and sew the binding. My MIL can get an entire quilt done for $80, incl the batting! But she's in a rural area in MI.

@Jill B Blasius That one is Lovely !!!
I grew up seeing Big Fat Stuffed quilts in Vermont. the "quilting" itself is not an issue. I just don't like the 'flat' quilts. SO I am hoping to do the top part maybe with some quilting patterns on it, then making the inside fluff and backing.

I bought the Brother SE625. Almost bottom of the line machine and only 4x4 hoop but I don't have a budget for more. but I wanted both sewing and embroider :)

When you say $250 for the quilting, are you talking about the thread purchase amount ?

Stuck upon this thread accidentally, Lin, but how's it going?
From my experience "hybrid" machines are way too easy to outgrow, still Brother is a good choice! I still have a Brother PE770 that I love. It has a 5x7 as the largest hoop, with a 5x12 repositional hoop. I love it, and it does everything I need it to do. Also you can almost always resize designs you would like to use, for instance using Embird.

Hi :)
I h ave not done an embroider yet, but have been quilting with it, well sewing. Bought a walking foot super cheap and make s difference.
Only issue I have, before the walking foot, is that it seems to push the fabric to the left. Not sure why. I am new so I thought it was that or that I was using flannel but it does it with cotton too. I didn't pay enough attention on the walking foot since it was a quilt for my son. He won't care if it is a bit wonky like me :)

Hi :)
I h ave not done an embroider yet, but have been quilting with it, well sewing. Bought a walking foot super cheap and make s difference.
Only issue I have, before the walking foot, is that it seems to push the fabric to the left. Not sure why. I am new so I thought it was that or that I was using flannel but it does it with cotton too. I didn't pay enough attention on the walking foot since it was a quilt for my son. He won't care if it is a bit wonky like me :)

Thanks for your reply Lin!
Glad you're ok with this, still I've been in a similar situation before, and found out that it wasn't the walking foot.
Funny thing, that this happened to the same machine I've mentioned.

In the end it was the bar that the foot was clamped to - it was slightly out of alignment, so I re-adjusted the bar and all was well.
Also it could be flannel, after all I once had a machine that was extremely picky when working with thin materials - it has even puckered the top layer at times. But it worked perfectly on thicker materials! So I hope you'll be able to figure this out.

Do you have any photos to share?

I am having a hard time finding an Embroidery Machine forum like this one.
The ones I have found are not geared toward machine work, mostly hand work. Or they are an older style forum and not much activity on it. Hard to hear about which threads to use or backing or what have you when the posts are almost 8 years old

I would love to buy a machine that is both Embroidery and sewing. Looking at a Brother machine but want to read up and learn more. Was going to buy a book at Barnes & Noble but there was none. No magazines either, nor at Joann's, Michaels ... .

So if you could suggest one that would be great, TY .
I have a BabyLock Destiny II and love it! It is both a sewing and embroidery machine. I have not had one minute of trouble with this machine.

TY, I just got My Editor for now. It was free. I only did it because I got 3 free patterns that I wanted to see how to save on my computer.

For some reason it only lets me save them to the section , User, Lin . Will not let me make a separate file on my desktop to save to :smallshrug:
But I have not really played with it yet. This one site allows 3 free a week so I just picked 3. I don't even have the machine yet lol

I will check out MeWe.

Do you know of a CD I can buy with a ton of Patterns on it? I'm having a hard time finding it, they have really bad reviews or maybe they don't exist ?
I use Embrilliance. It is a web-based cross-platform app. What I love about it is that you buy the modules as you need them so there is no huge outlay of money. Unless you want to do so. It is a versatile, robust app.

I am having a hard time finding an Embroidery Machine forum like this one.
The ones I have found are not geared toward machine work, mostly hand work. Or they are an older style forum and not much activity on it. Hard to hear about which threads to use or backing or what have you when the posts are almost 8 years old

I would love to buy a machine that is both Embroidery and sewing. Looking at a Brother machine but want to read up and learn more. Was going to buy a book at Barnes & Noble but there was none. No magazines either, nor at Joann's, Michaels ... .

So if you could suggest one that would be great, TY .
I just bought a Husqvarna Jade 35 a month or so ago, I am a quilter, bag maker and have done a few machine embroideries now with the new machine. I just finished up some Sunshine crossbody bags using pleather and it handled the bulk really well.

@Jill B Blasius That one is Lovely !!!
I grew up seeing Big Fat Stuffed quilts in Vermont. the "quilting" itself is not an issue. I just don't like the 'flat' quilts. SO I am hoping to do the top part maybe with some quilting patterns on it, then making the inside fluff and backing.

I bought the Brother SE625. Almost bottom of the line machine and only 4x4 hoop but I don't have a budget for more. but I wanted both sewing and embroider :)

$250 is a cost to have the finished quilt machine quilted by someone who has a long arm quilting machine which is what Jill was mentioning above.

Hi, you can find the most renowned embroidery forums by just searching for it in Google, but for your easiness here are the list of top embroidery forums, where you can get any type of embroidery and sewing help.
1- Embroideries
2- Quiltingboard
3- T-shirtforums, etc.

When talking about the embroidery machine that also help you in sewing, then Brother SE1900 is the right option for you for embroidery and sewing and it will help you to embroider any fabric or hats, caps , towels etc. and meet your embroidery and sewing needs.

no response.
@charlenehughes this is a somewhat older thread that was started in 2019, with the last significant back-and-forth happening in June of 2020. Some of the folks who were part of the earlier conversation haven't been on the forum for a long time, as well. You can usually see that by clicking on their name below their avatar, although not all avatars include this information.

In any event, when a thread is older, and many of the prior participants have not been on the forum for awhile, it is common that you won't get a response (or at least, not a very fast one). You can see that the last person who posted before you, in April 2021, didn't get any response either. So don't take it personally. :) Sometimes these old threads revive, and sometimes they don't. Happy New Year!

You just have to look very attentively for topics where you can discuss embroidery machines. I was in need of more information related to digital embroidery services and the best machines that convert photos in the needed format and I found what I needed here.

You just have to look very attentively for topics where you can discuss embroidery machines. I was in need of more information related to digital embroidery services and the best machines that convert photos in the needed format and I found what I needed here. I wanted to print on my clothes my personal artworks and I found all the necessary information on Custom Embroidery Services - Next Day. Everything is well-explained and they even answered some extra questions I had. For my printed stuff, I have chosen the Brother machine in PES format and the final result was very good. It looked excellent and now I have some pieces of authentic clothing.

Latest posts

Back