Embellishments

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candleskandk

Reaction score
Hi all,
So I am working on a range of Christmas candles, as I have been accepted to two local Xmas fairs.
(Exciting and scary in equal measure!)
I want to add something to the tops of my candles. Can you use any fine glitter? What about cake sprinkles? Or anything else? I’m a bit stuck for ideas to be honest. Any ideas would be really helpful, and appreciated. Thanks

Hi all,
So I am working on a range of Christmas candles, as I have been accepted to two local Xmas fairs.
(Exciting and scary in equal measure!)
I want to add something to the tops of my candles. Can you use any fine glitter? What about cake sprinkles? Or anything else? I’m a bit stuck for ideas to be honest. Any ideas would be really helpful, and appreciated. Thanks
Glitter yes, as long as it's super fine or it will clog the wick, a light dusting of mica would work, but again, be very light handed or it could clog the wick. Cake sprinkles would be out - they are too big and pose a fire hazard because they can catch fire. you could make cute little embeds out of wax, and put those on top. I do that with my paraffin pillars and containers.

Glitter yes, as long as it's super fine or it will clog the wick, a light dusting of mica would work, but again, be very light handed or it could clog the wick. Cake sprinkles would be out - they are too big and pose a fire hazard because they can catch fire. you could make cute little embeds out of wax, and put those on top. I do that with my paraffin pillars and containers.

Thank you so much! I was planning to just put one holly sprinkle in the corner of the tin, but maybe best to avoid all together. I will go and find some tiny glitter today. Thank you

Thank you so much! I was planning to just put one holly sprinkle in the corner of the tin, but maybe best to avoid all together. I will go and find some tiny glitter today. Thank you
Make sure the glitter is body safe. Otherwise it too is flammable, and not a good idea to put on something that contains fire.

Thank you. I’ve had a look around and I still can’t quite find what I want. I think I need to look for some tiny silicone moulds, off to eBay I go!

Latest posts

Back