Embedding soap in soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbee

Reaction score
Morning Soap friends, Trying to embed some red soap hearts in melt and pour clear soap. Using the normal method - Step1. I fill half the mould, wait for it to solidify. Step 2. spray alcohol. Step 3. Place the soap heart into onto the alcohol (which make as a thin translucent layer, which is the problem,.) Step 4. fill the rest of the mould. After it has cured, when I pop out the soap you can see this film over the front of the heart. Ive tried without the spray - the same. The only thing that works is doing step 1, Step 2. Then pouring a layer of melted wax again and dropping the heart in. Wait for it to solidify then do step 2 and step 4. Does anyone know a better way to do this?!
FYI I do not want to make a loaf ti style with a heart all the way through, I specifically want to embed the soap heart inside the clear soap.
THANK YOU!!

Then pouring a layer of melted wax
I am guessing you mean soap here.

If you have an infrared thermometer, you can try letting the base layer get to 110 F, spray, set heart, then pour the clear soap. Also, when doing step 4, make sure your pouring soap is less than 130F, but still liquid, and the base is 90 F or less; spray with alcohol, then pour.

Please know that I have never embedded in MP, but I have worked with layers and found the temperatures of the layers and the pouring soap to be important for the design to work properly.

Do you have any pictures of what it looks like? I am wondering if you could either plane the side of the soap that has the translucent layer to get rid of it. Or, if you can put the heart in the mold first, spray with alcohol and then pour the clear melted soap on top of it and around it

Back