Embedding Cold Process into Melt and Pour ???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy2018

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought some melt and pour base from:

http://www.saffireblue.ca/shop/

I've also been making small cold press soap shapes, that I would love to embed into melt and pour for gifts.

Has any one done this?

I did search and find the reverse, that people have put melt and pour into CP, but that is not what I want to do.

Thank you

Yes you can embed M&P. CP is cold process not cold press. Sorry just thought I would clarify. And yes you can do the reverse and embed Cold Process (cp) into M&P but it is trickier to keep them suspended. You will probably have to pour in layers to keep the cp suspended. Experiment and you will know :)

I do it all the time! Is like my favorite thing. What are you planning to do?

Just make sure your cold process batch is around 120 to 130, so your MP will stick. Not hotter, or it would melt. And spray with alcohol!

She's wanting to put CP imbeds in MP. I would spray the CP imbed with a bit of alcohol and as others stated you'll likely need to do it in layers to get it to suspend. I've not tried this myself but do put MP in CP without issue.

Another 'duh' moment for me. Thanks IrishLass.

Although thinking about it, process should be similar, though.

lololol I was crazy about John Travolta when I was a teenager.

I think I am going to refrain some from posting, until can figure things out.

Well, then let me ask a similar question here. I have lots of pretty, thin trimmings from cp loaves. I've wondered if I could cut them up and put them in a clear mp. I've been trying to picture the look. Thoughts?

I have done that. I hate waste, so I save the shavings and everything! They actually can look very pretty. You can add a dash of diamond mica or glitter, and they are super cool.

I put a lot of those below, but you can put and little or as much as you want. Have a matching FO!

Attachments

• cp cnffetti MP hybrid (1).JPG
    cp cnffetti MP hybrid (1).JPG
    100 KB · Views: 54
  • cp cnffetti MP hybrid (2).JPG
    cp cnffetti MP hybrid (2).JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 54
I have done that. I hate waste, so I save the shavings and everything! They actually can look very pretty. You can add a dash of diamond mica or glitter, and they are super cool.

I put a lot of those below, but you can put and little or as much as you want. Have a matching FO!

WOW that looks awesome!

Thank for the reply an sorry for the late response.

One of the questions I had is that, my CP mini soaps are curing, and then if I put them into layer by layer MP they should take

Those pics above, the colours shavings, they had to be already cured to a degree before you put them into the melt and pour, and was there any separation?

They looks so good!

Thank you!

Your welcome :)

I would wait for them to cure 4 weeks. It probably be ok sooner, but I do wait 4 weeks. Since they are shred, they will cure faster. Maybe someone here with the chemistry knowledge can tell us if it is not necessary to wait that long.

Personally I have use HP and CP after 2 weeks, when I want to check how it came out, without any problems.

I think by this time they have cured for 4 weeks. When I make them I'll post pictures.

I am wanting to put a layer of cp onto melt and pour, any recommendations? I was thinking that I should put the cp layer on when the mold is firm, but not completely set up, and alcohol of course.
I don't think I would try to layer it. Adhesion would be a big problem and it may separate. I've not tried it myself. But have done MP swirls in CP and MP imbeds inside and on top. I would probably scratch the top of the MP then spray with alcohol then pour the CP layer. Might get lucky and it sticks.

I am wanting to put a layer of cp onto melt and pour, any recommendations? I was thinking that I should put the cp layer on when the mold is firm, but not completely set up, and alcohol of course.

I've done a CP/MP layered soap before. I had CP on the bottom, a layer of clear M&P, then a final layer of CP. I poured the M&P on top of set (but still wet) CP, then after pouring the M&P, I made the CP to pour on top of the M&P so the M&P was completely cool and set by the time the final layer was ready. I didn't score/scratch the top of the M&P but did make sure the CP layers gelled and then had to cut by hand (as to not ruin my wire cutter)
Worked great, and the layers didn't separate, or even hint of falling apart, even after a full cure.

I have a picture somewhere but it's probably on my home computer and I'm at work. IF I can remember when I get home I'll post a pic. It turned out so cool looking, I really need to duplicate the look.

Latest posts

Back