Embed Molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best Natural Soap

Reaction score
Does anyone use tall, vertical "embed" molds to make shapes to lay inside their loaves, so when you cut the bars, there's a shape inside?

've been scouring the internet and can't find many. I found a heart, and a circle...

They have 4 inch ones at WSP. silicon tube molds. I don't have any, so I don't know how well they work.

I don't use a mold, I just slice the log into the shape I want, then use that as the embed.

I just finished one with about 1 1/2" embeds I just cut out with cookie cutters. Pushed them vertically into the base soap. Cut it today. Calling it Child's Play. Sure would be nice to have tube-shaped embeds.

Thanks. Would have been a heck of a lot better with tube embeds, but at least kiddies will have the surprise of seeing what shapes show up as the soap is used.

I had thought about using cookie cutters, but wasn't sure how that would work since they wouldn't go the length of the loaf...

You did it, though-- and it's adorable!!!! I want some!!! :) Thank you for posting those pictures!!! Nice job!!!

Thanks! I poured the colors about the depth of the cutters, which was 1- 1/2". It'd be SO cool to have control over what shape(s) show up in each bar with a tube running the length of the log.

Lovely soap BakingNana! I haven't embeded like that before but I've been eyeballing those molds from WSP.

Latest posts

Back