Embarassing moment

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navigator9

Reaction score
It's hot as the dickens today, so I thought I'd go out and pull some weeds. I know, crazy, but I figured with some good music, it wouldn't be so bad, so I clipped my mp3 player to my shirt, put on my mini headphones ( I can't stand earbuds) and went outside. So there I am on my hands and knees, deadheading and pulling weeds, and apparently singing along quite loudly to the Grateful Dead's "I Know You Rider", because I glanced over, and there was my neighbor, standing with his hands on his hips, with a big smile on his face. "Was I that loud?", I asked. He just laughed (hard) and went in the house. Why is it that we think no one can hear us when we have headphones on? Anyone else sing at the top of their lungs when they have headphones on? Oh, and did I mention I sing like a frog? I'm sure that didn't help, either. Sheesh.

Yes, we all do that :) Plus if you live w/just your doggies, keep up a running out-loud commentary on all the days events and any other random thing which goes through your mind. I prefer to think of it as an endearing trait rather than a sign of insanity!

ETA: Fred is the only living creature who seems to like the sound of my singing voice, if he is not feeling well he likes me to sing him to sleep. But Patsy will leave the room sometimes :)

Last edited:
Lol!!! I was already chuckling to myself but then I got to 'I sing like a frog' = mouthful of tea all over me!!!

I can't carry a tune in a bucket, so I make a point of not singing along with my iPod...lol... my voice makes animals think I'm dying, and small children run screaming with blood running from their ears...
I do, however, keep up a running commentary throughout my day. None of the dogs seem to think it's interesting though, as they fall asleep about 2 hours into my day...

not_ally......I love that Fred likes you to sing him to sleep when he's sick, that's a true friend. Patsy, on the other hand has lousy taste. :wink:

Sonya.....Oooops, sorry about the tea! Can you imagine your reaction if you had actually heard me singing???

Stacyspy.....Glad to know I'm not the only one that talks to the animals all day. And the cats don't seem to be bothered by my singing, but I don't usually sing in front of other people, cause I know what I sound like, but I loooove that song...."I know you rider, gonna miss me when I'm gone...." Now, be thankful you can't hear me over the internet. LOL

I used to be able to sing really well..sound like a frog now so I only sing in my truck :lol:

Reminds me of how animals think if they can't see you, you can't see them! I guess with humans it works that way with sound! Thanks for the laugh, we've all been there I think!

Yeah. Happens when I'm in the car and forget the windows are down. Or when I am alone in the office, until someone sneaks back in without telling me they're back (they usually catch me dancing, too). I have long running conversations with the dogs, too. Ivy sits and watches me soap, so I explain the process to her. I'm not crazy. She understands every word I say!

Happens much more when you have head phones on. I can actually sing decently if I paid attention to my voice and I do that all the time in the car, esp. when hubby is driving. But it gets really bad if I'm listening with my ear phones on because there's no way I could listen to myself. Hubby's funny looks tell me about it. I sing in the bathroom but am quite shy to sing in public, so no public embarrassment till now.

Latest posts

Back