Eleven color OPW

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all! I recently bought Jo Hauslauerā€™s new ebook on using plant colorants - I love her approach, she shares her missteps and her successes - the book is not prescriptive, if thatā€™s the right word, but just shows what she did and the results she attained. Lots of great photos. It was something else to look at when I was sick. Better now!
Iā€™m new here but Iā€™m hoping to get that book for Christmas. Iā€™m interested in natural colt rants and hoping to build up my knowledge and skills. These are beautiful šŸ˜

Really this is a stunning soap and the perfect timing of trace! All of it together just shows what is possible with plants as colorants for soap. I cant thank you enough for sharing your skill with this post. Its made my day, week, year! Just stunning.
Thanks for that very high praise coming from you! Iā€™m honored. šŸ™šŸ» Really appreciate your sharing of skills and expertise. I am excited to try more versions of this soap - I didnā€™t get the indigo, woad, or madder to dissolve very well, I want to try mixing with the lye before I add the water. Also my paprika was weak, I think it was on its third go around. But I love the results I got too!

Absolutely awesome @Vicki C! I was hoping you'd post something about this soap when I saw it in the entry thread.

Anyone who knows me here knows how much I love natural colorants and the one thing that limits me is access to the colors themselves lol, but seeing soap made with lots of them makes me happy

Really beautiful soap, this.

ā€œPlant Magicā€ - Iā€™m sure the other one is good too, I donā€™t have it.
Your soap is stunningly beautiful @Vicki C !
I have the first book by JH, @curlycoat2 and plan to order the new one.
Thank you so much for sharing your process as well as the information on Jo Hauslauerā€™s new book.

Absolutely awesome @Vicki C! I was hoping you'd post something about this soap when I saw it in the entry thread.

Anyone who knows me here knows how much I love natural colorants and the one thing that limits me is access to the colors themselves lol, but seeing soap made with lots of them makes me happy

Really beautiful soap, this.
Youā€™re so kind! I love natural colorants too and I love the journey of trying out new things.

Absolutely amazing! 11 colors and it looks like it behaved beautifully for you. Gorgeous!
Thank you! I forgot the fragrance so that might have been part of it!

Maybe you can help with, edit, or proofread @Vicki C 's book when the time comes. Her Post #1 blew me away! Awesome! And so very helpful! It's a good thing. :thumbs: ;)
Haha donā€™t hold you breath! But thank you for the kind words šŸ˜Š

Thank you for sharing what you did to make this soap - it is amazing. Natural colorants can be tricky and you have done such a wonderful job.
Thank youā€¦ I got sort of lucky this time šŸ˜ŠšŸ‘

Back