Elephant Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha ha, I know! I tell my hubby about all our chats about alaska and dog sledding :) Anyway, i havent seen the stamp yet, but if it is like any other stamp, i would imagine that the rubber is solid enough to use on soap, i am not sure about all the sizes that she has available. But maybe it would work if your bars were still relatively soft? I will have to get her contact information and share it with you.

Carabou, here is the contact info for the lady i was telling you about. Her name is Susan, feel free to contact her anytime. I think she can send you a catalog and then go from there. The stamp i told you about wound up being 20$.

What a great idea for a fantastic cause!!! I can't wait to see your elephant soap results!

Now go forth and soap where thou hath never soaped before!! *All the while raising my stick blender victoriously into the air* :lol:

Tienne, this is THE funniest thing I've read in a LONG TIME. I think I burst out laughing when I read it! and still giggle every time I re-read it! :lolno:

Here it is, it is approx 2.5" diameter. The words were time consuming, and not perfect, but hey that is me! then at the end of the road in the mountain there is supposed to be a star, but it didnt turn out very well. Its not a very impressive mountain, BUT it is the mountain where i grew up. So this stamp has more sentimental value than that "Ooh, Aah" look. And even though we only own a very small piece of this mountain, to me, it is MY mountain. :)

my mountain soap stamp.jpg

Me again. :oops: (Sorry about that.)

Another thought I had was, that if you did incorporate Dead Sea Mud into the soap, you could run with that and use it as a sales pitch of sorts. Mud is after all elephant-related in a way. You could have picture of an elephant mud-bathing and say something like that "Elephants have known for Millennia about the skin-loving properties of mud and now you too can experience it's soothing and beneficial properties." ... Or something... Blah blah blah.

I'll shut up now. :oops:

I'm just reading this whole post now and you have some really fantastic ideas! WOW!! How sweet if you to share.

Aww, thank you so much, Elmtree! That was so nice of you to say, but it was nothing, really. Just a few ideas. I admire so much what CaraBou and her friend are doing and it's for such a good cause. They are the ones who deserve all the praise. They're doing all the work! All I did was chuck out a few ideas.

As a side note, CaraBou and her friend's project inspired me think about what I could possibly do, to do something more tangible to help make the world a better place and this is what I came up with; I was at my neighbour's birthday party the other day and her great aunt, who's 95 was there. I knew she would be there and I had brought her some homemade soap and she almost cried with gratitude when I gave it to her and she exclaimed "Oh, how wonderful! Soap just like in the old days!" It was very touching how happy it made her. That got me thinking. There's a retirement home up in town and I was thinking that maybe the elderly there would love some old-fashioned homemade soap too. Light bulb moment! Yay, now I had a project, too! ! I'm making some soap to donate to them. The Lavender is all ready and a Milk soap is in the works. I can't wait to give it to them. It feels good to do for others, so thank you Elmtree for your sweet comment and thank you CaraBou for reminding me to do more. :thumbup:

I was at my neighbour's birthday party... her great aunt, who's 95 was there. ...I had brought her some homemade soap ...and she exclaimed "Oh, how wonderful! Soap just like in the old days!" ... That got me thinking. There's a retirement home up in town and I was thinking that maybe the elderly there would love some old-fashioned homemade soap too. Light bulb moment!:thumbup:

Another fantastic idea! By far the best one I've heard all day. I might have to engage it myself!

Aww, thank you so much, Elmtree! That was so nice of you to say, but it was nothing, really. Just a few ideas. I admire so much what CaraBou and her friend are doing and it's for such a good cause. They are the ones who deserve all the praise. They're doing all the work! All I did was chuck out a few ideas.

As a side note, CaraBou and her friend's project inspired me think about what I could possibly do, to do something more tangible to help make the world a better place and this is what I came up with; I was at my neighbour's birthday party the other day and her great aunt, who's 95 was there. I knew she would be there and I had brought her some homemade soap and she almost cried with gratitude when I gave it to her and she exclaimed "Oh, how wonderful! Soap just like in the old days!" It was very touching how happy it made her. That got me thinking. There's a retirement home up in town and I was thinking that maybe the elderly there would love some old-fashioned homemade soap too. Light bulb moment! Yay, now I had a project, too! ! I'm making some soap to donate to them. The Lavender is all ready and a Milk soap is in the works. I can't wait to give it to them. It feels good to do for others, so thank you Elmtree for your sweet comment and thank you CaraBou for reminding me to do more. :thumbup:

What a wonderful idea!! My mom is a cook at a nursing home. You just have me a great idea for Christmas. Your ideas are an inspiration! And carabou, how wonderful of you and your friend to support the elephant. I know you will do great!

Trampled By Elephants

Okay... It's mid February now and my friend just finished walking her 100 miles in Kenya to raise funds and awareness to stop elephant poaching. I am so proud of her! She has raised over $4000 online using CrowdRise! But she hasn't yet held her gala in Alaska, planned for late March or April. All this time I've been dreaming of elephant soap, something special to donate to the cause. My head and soaps have been in the clouds. But finally, I think I can finally say, I've been trampled by elephants! Not perfect, but my first ever pencil lines and graphic art soap.

P1010705.JPG

Double Bull.jpg

P1010678.JPG

P1010694.JPG

IMG_0949.jpg

P1010691.JPG

P1010689.JPG

Back