Elements -when did they discontinue smaller sizes?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paradisi

Reaction score
I was surprised this morning to see the smallest size fragrance oil they list is 8 ounce. I won't be trying any new scents from them after all.

Has it been that way for a while?

That's going to hurt them. I ALWAYS buy a 1oz or 2oz the first time around. And then if I really like after do a test soap, I will purchase a 8oz or 16oz size.

Me too. I'm not spending $16 + shipping on something I might not like.

It's like the entity that bought all those companies is trying a different weird strategy with each one.

I can't remember which company it is off-hand, but while they do carry trial sizes, the next size available is 8 oz...which is why I never bought from them. At the time I was only making small batches of soap and buying 4 oz was about as much as I could afford. Things are different now...I tend to purchase the larger sizes, but now and again...all I want is a 4 oz bottle.

I didn't buy a whole lot from Elements to begin with and now I buy nothing because they changed the quantity of their soap boxes. You used to buy them 1, 50, 100, 500 lots, but now you can only buy them as 1, 50, 1100. I don't have $334 to drop on what would currently be better than a year's supply of boxes!

I actually have not been overly thrilled with Elements fragrances anyway. I don't think I've used more than one or two that I bought, because I either didn't like them or they weren't strong enough, etc. But then, you get what you pay for. I spot checked the price of their 8oz fragrances, and they cost about the same as what two 2-ounce bottles cost at Scent Memory, but the similarity ends at them both being fragrance oils. Scent Memory fragrances are at a totally different level.

I think the vendor with the best value is Nurture. You can still get one ounce sizes, free shipping over $30, every scent has testing notes, and they are strong for the most part, and
I really love most of them (yes, I have tried most of them).

I mostly use eo's but like to change up my seasonal offerings.. have gotten containers from Elements tho. I had issues with some Nurture scents so they're not my fave but will check out Scent Memory, thanks.

They definitely used to sell 1 or 2 oz FO amounts. However, that was with the earlier owner. They were the company that acquired the old Flickers company and I used to use some of those scents. They moved from the midwest a few years ago and I started ordering less because of shipping increases for me. I still like their hyacinth, sweet & sexy, and Tuscan Lace (very powdery amber) and their waterproof labels sold by the sheet. I don't think of their fragrances being the latest ideas or even the best but many were a good price for a solid basic fragrance. Like all companies some stick better than others. These I mentioned will definitely hold for more than 6 months.

Back