Elderberry Syrup Gummies

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulie

Reaction score
I make these for my family. I use organic dried Elderberries, spices, honey and a bit of lemon juice. They are so yummy.

Attachments

• IMG_20221204_145954061_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221204_145954061_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Love this! I've made the syrup often, but never made them into gummies. Do you have a recipe you can share?
@AliOop I'm sorry. I just saw this. Here you go :)

1 C dried elderberries, I use these: Elderberries Whole European (Organic), 1 lb (454 g) Bag
4 C water
1 t ground cinnamon
1 t ground ginger
1/2 t to 1 t ground cloves
1/2 small lemon juiced or 1/4 c

Bring water, elderberries and spices to a boil and then simmer about 45 min to an hour. Cool and add 1 C honey and the lemon juice.

Gummies:
1 C elderberry syrup, separate out 1/4 C
1/4 C gelatin or 4 Knox packets
2/3 C hot water

In a small bowl add 1/4 cup of cooled syrup and whisk in the gelatin to dissolve.
Add hot water and stir well till throughly dissolved.
Stir in the 2/3 C water, and
remaining 3/4 cups of syrup.
I put the bowl over hot water to keep it fluid and whisk now and then as it will harden up on you.

Put the mold (s) on a sheet pan. These are the molds I got, they are large. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B7B76QM4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I use the dropper that came with to fill each mold then put in the fridge for about an hour and they will be ready.

I hope you enjoy :)

Last edited:
Oh, thank you so much! I am bookmarking this one to take another look after the holidays. It's going to be a crazy three weeks, and I'll probably need an immune boost when I'm done. 😅

Oh, thank you so much! I am bookmarking this one to take another look after the holidays. It's going to be a crazy three weeks, and I'll probably need an immune boost when I'm done. 😅
You're welcome, I hope you are able to relax some. Merry Christmas ❤️🎄

Nice! Thanks for posting the recipe. There were a couple of elderberry trees at my old house and I didn’t know what to do with them. When a friend introduced me to elderberry syrup after I had moved, all I could think of was 25 years of elderberries going to the birds!

Merry Christmas!

Nice! Thanks for posting the recipe. There were a couple of elderberry trees at my old house and I didn’t know what to do with them. When a friend introduced me to elderberry syrup after I had moved, all I could think of was 25 years of elderberries going to the birds!

Merry Christmas!
Awe man! I hope you enjoy it.
Merry Christmas ⛄🎄

Back